Chapter thirty seven: feelings

It took only a couple of minutes for Sei to get me from the spot I was standing on outside. By then, the screaming had ceased but still kind of haunted my mind when I went to bed. I wondered what Alexander did to those girls and if they were even still alive.

Silas groaned softly, turning his body to face mine . His arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to his cold body. His skin just lightly glimmered in the dark, reflecting the gibbous moon that shone through the window. "Why aren't you sleeping?" He asked me softly, rubbing my hips soothingly.

As much as I would like to keep what Sapphire said a secret, I learnt the pretty hard way that it wasn't going to end well.

"Sapphire said something to me that got me thinking." I whispered to him.

"Was she drunk?" Silas asked me, slipping his hand underneath my shirt.

"Tipsy, I think. She said that there's a chance that Alexander may be my soulmate." I said quickly, closing my eyes tightly and bracing myself for the Silas bomb to go off.

"What are you doing with your eyes? You look constipated." He mumbled, pinching my nose. I slapped his hand, looking behind me to make sure that I didn't wake Sei up. He was sound asleep, snoring lightly like a baby.

"Well? What's your input on this?" I asked the big question.

"Sapphire is a smart woman, probably more than Sofia so I won't completely doubt her words. That doesn't mean that I won't kill Alexander when I get the chance though."

"So you believe her?" I asked Silas.

"No, I'm just not completely discarding the idea."

"But why? There has to be a reason for you to believe even just a small part of it."

Silas sighed, his hand leaving my shirt and entering my shorts. "When he bit you, it smelt really strong. I've never smelt anything like that before, like he marked you as his." He placed his hand on my thigh, right where I was bitten by Alexander. "Only a mate can release pheromones like those."

So it's true... Alexander is also destined to be with me.

"He's your enemy. How am I to be with him?" I asked nothing in particular.

"Well, you could always reject him." Silas suggested. "That would kill him and that's what we wanted in the first place, right? To make him pay for hurting you."

I mean...

Do I really want that?

"I guess," I mumbled uncertainly. Sure I am upset about what he did to me but killing him is something that could haunt me for the rest of my life. I'm just not the kind of person to do that, no matter what he did to hurt me.

"We'll talk about it when we're fully awake." Silas whispered, kissing me softly.

"What if I don't want to kill him?" I asked, looking up at him. "Would you be angry if I fell for him too?"

"I know that I have a short temper but I can never stay mad at you for too long. I love you Akielia and we'll make it work, all of it. I just don't think Sei will be so accepting to another man in our relationship." Silas breathed out.

Our...

"Relationship? We're in a relationship?" I asked him, making him chuckle softly. His voice was husky since he was sleepy, making it sound all the more sexy.

"What did you think this whole time? Of course we are. Soon we will get married and crown you Queen."

Queen...