Chapter five: friend

Damien walked in slowly, like a predator stalking it's prey. I did not know which prey he was stalking because I know it ain't me.

His eyes briefly shifted to Sei, who had his eyes closed. He seemed very relaxed, he looked like he had even fallen asleep. I looked back at Damien, seeing that his electric blue eyes had moved from the man and were now glued to my dress. He stared at every outline and curve of mine he could get his eyes on. At that moment, I really wished that I had remembered to wear a coat.

"Why are you dressed like that?" He asked in a low tone, still creeping towards me. "Don't you know that red is my favorite colour?"

"I'm sure it is," I mumbled, turning away from him. "Is there anything you need?"

"Yeah..." He said, appearing behind me. His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me against his hard front, the warmth hitting my back. "I want you to take your clothes off and get on your knees." He whispered against my ear, rough hands rubbing my sides.

Is he crazy? Sei is right there.

I pushed his hands off me and squeezed away from him, making him groan in annoyance. Jokes on him, I was already annoyed the moment he stepped through that door.

"I told you that I don't want to do this anymore." I told him angrily. I was getting frustrated because of this. Everyday, he has to come to work with one motive, and that is to try and sleep with me. I do not care if I keep thinking about sleeping with him. My body may want one thing but my heart and mind are refusing, why won't he listen when I ask him to stop?

"Stop lying, you want this as much as I do." He said, crossing his arms defiantly. God, it feels like I'm speaking to a child that refuses to obey it's parents.

"Enough, I said no. If you aren't here for work then please leave me. I was busy with something before you walked in." I said, standing my ground.

Damien looked like he was about to explode. He looked absolutely livid. He opened his mouth, probably going to swear at me like he did yesterday. Before he could let a single word out, a loud growl rumbled from behind me, making the both of us turn to look at Sei.

He was still laying with his back on the bed and he appeared to be relaxed but his face said otherwise. He was glaring at Damien and his large canines were bared while he growled, probably his way of telling Damien that he was no longer needed here. The Head Scientist shut his mouth and glared at me, lifting his hand to point at me.

"Fine, I'll go rail someone else. Just don't come crying 'daddy' when you're in heat." He hissed at me, stomping away like last time.

I stared back at him in disgust at what he said. How could a man be so vile and disrespectful like that? Rail someone else? In heat? Was he really going to keep cheating on his fiancé with other women? Why won't he quit?

"Pervert," Sei's soft voice spoke. "A mean pervert."

"Yeah..." I said, looking down at my dress. Maybe I'm the reason for it this time. My dress isn't appropriate for work, maybe it gave him the wrong idea.

As if he read my thoughts, Sei simply stated. "Dress pretty. Like you."

"Thank you..." I said, tears slightly forming in my eyes. "I just don't understand what went wrong. He's never been so bitter or vulgar. Maybe it's because I told him I was done with what we were doing. He took it well, I don't get why he's still attached."

Sei looked confused. He didn't know that me and Damien were more than friends at some point. Maybe I should tell him. There's no one else I could vent out to. Not Mica, I don't want to lose another friend. Not Sharlene, she didn't know about me and Damien. We aren't exactly on good terms either. There was no one else. No family, no friends outside work.