Chapter forty: vow

Hundreds of different coloured eyes looked back at us, at me, with different emotions. Shock, pity, disgust, anger. There was a lot but not one of them were what I wanted to see.

I had done it, the one thing that I was not supposed to expose, I did. I did it during the worst time too, where every single creature was here, surrounding me. They knew it now. I was human and this human was in a relationship with two of their hybrids and falling for their vampire.

This is beyond terrible.

The silence that stretched throughout the whole place was deafening and it made matters worse for me. I preferred it when all of these scary creatures growled and spoke, then at least I would know what they were thinking.

Right now, I had no idea what they were thinking...

'lets kill her?'

'eat her?'

'make her a slave?'

'kill her mates?'

All of the possibilities ended with me being six feet under, whether in a coffin or in a sewer after I was eaten and excreted out. I was a gone woman.

Valedria stood up, his chair making me flinch when he aggressively kicked it away from him. He, along with most of the population, looked absolutely furious and disgusted to see me. "Explain yourselves." He commanded. I looked at Goliath, he was confused about everything that was happening.

"Valedria, what is the meaning of this?" Sofia asked. Valedria glared at her, pointing at me like he had identified someone who killed one of his kin.

"I should ask the same thing. You have brought massive disgrace upon our land. A human in a relationship with your sons!"

Sofia nearly collapsed at that statement. Even Goliath sat back, as if someone had delivered a hard blow to his chest. Other creatures started speaking loudly, pointing at me like I was some animal on display at the zoo. Silas pushed me behind him protectively, trying to sheild me away from everyone else. I looked to my left, seeing Alexander walking towards us with the head of the fae in his hand.

"I had absolutely no idea that she was human! She kept her identity a secret, my boys did too! Sapphire did too!" Sofia said, pointing at each of us. Creatures turned to Sapphire too, saying curses to her. She frowned but still kept her head high.

"This is not something that we can excuse! This is a great breach to our laws and beliefs. Humans are nothing but a food and pleasure source. They are not companions or lovers."

"Really? But the first woman on this island, the reason why vampires even exist was human!" Alexander shouted at Valedria, gripping the hair attached to the head tightly. The vampires hissed at Alexander.

"You are also a disgrace. My own blood gloating about his attachment to a human, gloating of how you fed on her romantically instead of for food. You all deserve great punishment!"

The creatures all cheered in agreement. I gasped softly, feeling beyond terrified about this.

"But, since I am a kind leader and since we need one of you to be king. I will allow you all to make a choice on what to do with the human." Valedria said, stepping closer to us.

I looked at Sei, finding him seated on the floor, alive but still injured by the arrow. He ripped it out from his chest, hissing softly at the pain that came with it. I closed my eyes, hoping that he would recover soon.

"You can either choose to keep your human and I will kill her and imprison all three of you, or you will kill the human yourself and we can continue with this competition like nothing ever happened."