Chapter forty two: apology

Silas and I got back inside and I immediately headed to the kitchen. I had not eaten anything since we left the island. I needed a bunch of energy.

In all honesty, this situation with my parents was difficult to even think about. I haven't spoken a single word to them ever since I finished college and cut ties with them for good. I wanted nothing to do with the both of them. They were in love, just not with me.

Last I checked, which was over five years ago, they had a great relationship. They often went on dates together when they weren't at the military base. They bought each other presents and had luxury getaways whenever the opportunity came. In the mix of all of that romance, I was born. I was an unplanned baby, a mistake. My two parents never failed to remind me that everyday.

From when I was just a toddler, I picked up the sense that I was not favoured. I never got what I wanted, only what I needed. My parents intended to raise a genius, that way I could get some sort of scholarship and they could ship me off somewhere. That way their love story could continue without me.

Girls my age had dolls and mini cooking sets, I had six hundred paged maths and physics books of every grade. They went outside to play, I was being homeschooled everyday except for Sundays.

That was my lifestyle.

Constant burn outs and stress came up often from a very tender age.

Over all of that, I still loved my parents and tried so hard to make a relationship work with them but it only made things worse for myself. They just hated me for my efforts, thought that I was wasting time and money on gifts and homemade meals.

I basically lived in a school my whole life, even though I never went to public school until college.

I scratched my arm just at the mere thought of seeing my mother's doe brown eyes and my dad's cold blue eyes. Those permanent frowns that etched their faces were also not a nice sight to see. It all made me uncomfortable.

I guess I should be grateful that they didn't abort me, even though they emotionally abused me for most of my life.

"Uhm..."

I stopped my deep thinking, realizing that I had been standing in front of the fridge like a statue. Unmoving and very much uncomfortable. I turned to face the person that had cleared their throat at me, my hard stare softening when I saw Sei.

His eyes were stuck on my feet, making me also look down at my strange toes. I hated it when people stared at my feet. I just never liked my toes, they were weird. One of them looked like a bean and I had a toenail that was shaped like popcorn.

I needed foot surgery more than anything.

"Yes?" I asked softly, encouraging him to speak. I knew that he was about to apologize to me and he honestly didn't have to. I know that he hit me by mistake and that he would never intend to harm me on purpose.

"I... I sorry," He said, his lips slightly wobbling. He kept his head down shamefully. "Sei can never forgive himself." He added, sniffling softly.

Was he... No he wasn't.

I walked to him and held his cheeks, lifting his head up so he could look at me. I could feel the cold liquid on his skin as it ran down to his chin. Looking at him so sad made my heart ache.

"Please don't cry, I'm okay and I forgive you." I told him, wiping his tears away with my thumbs.

"Don't hate Sei." He begged me, tightly wrapping his arms around my waist like I was going to disappear at any given moment. I wrapped my arms around him, stroking his hair, "I can never do that." I told him.