Chapter nine: anger

"You're crazy."

"There is no way I'm going to your house."

"No ways, you've lost your mind."

Those are the words that I kept repeating to Damien, who was still trying to persuade me to go spend a few nights in his house. I'll do that in his dreams, not anywhere else. I'm not going to sleep under the same roof as his fiancé. Imagine how guilty I'd feel with her being nice to me, knowing that I've been sleeping with Damien.

I refuse to put her and myself in such an awkward position.

"She is fine with it, I promise. I just want to make sure that you're safe." He pleaded with me, his hands wrapping around my wrists. He shook them as he spoke, making my whole body rock back and forth awkwardly. "Can I not look after my coworker? My friend?" He said, the word friend feeling like ice cold water has been splashed on my back.

Well, shoot.

That hurt more than I would've liked it to. Looks like he's decided to focus on his relationship after all. I smiled and nodded, not knowing what I was nodding at. He smiled back and hugged me quickly, "Great, I'm glad you've agreed to come stay with us. I promise it won't be weird or anything."

He pulled away and stepped back, preparing to speak when for the second time, Sei's deep and loud voice boomed at me behind the two walls. "Human!" He called, making me frown. Was he speaking to me?

Damien looked offended at his tone, making him pick up the remote and lift the metal wall up. He stomped closer to him, making Sei look at him with a face full of amusement. He was sitting up on the bed, probably waiting for me to step closer instead of Damien.

"Who are you calling 'human'?" Damien asked with crossed arms. Sei scoffed and looked back at me and then back at him. "Who's this skinny little thing?" He asked, chuckling deeply.

"Answer me." Damien insisted.

"I will answer to no one, only God." He answered boredly. "Are you God?"

"Considering that I'm in control of the amount of food and water you get daily, I'd like to think I'm your God. Bow down." Damien hissed.

"You little—" Sei growled, standing up and charging to Damien. The chain around his wrist roughly held him back just before he could dive to the glass. I quickly pulled Damien away from the glass, slapping his hard chest. "Stop it! You're provoking him."

"He should stop acting like he's better than us. He's forgetting that he's a prisoner here." Damien growled, though it didn't sound as scary as Sei's growling. Sei sounded like an animal, like a large and dangerous predator.

"I'll kill you!" Sei snarled, pulling on the chain around his wrist. I quickly went to the glass, my attention switching to focus on Sei. "You're hurting yourself. Please calm down." I begged him.

"I'll calm down when his blood stains these floors!" He screeched, his eyes starting to glow red. Oh no, not that again. I turned to Damien, absolutely panicking. "Leave!" I told him.

"What? I'm not leaving you here with him. He's going feral." Damien said to me like I was crazy.

"Listen to her." Sei said, his voice getting deeper.

"Damien!" I begged him, pushing his chest. He glared at Sei before turning on his heels and stepping out quickly. The door closed and I turned to Sei, lifting my hands up in surrender. "He's gone! He's left!" I said, trying to calm him down. He was still roughly pulling at the chains and I was actually scared that he would manage to break them.

What do I do? What do I do? I asked myself in panic

Maybe I should call for security and get them to shoot him with a tranquilizer dart or a tazer. No, I don't want to resort to hurting him. I need to learn to calm him down because this may happen more than once, then what? I'll always have to call security when he loses it? I'll just have to calm him down myself.