Chapter thirty three: Kaiser

"My goodness, you really do smell like Alexander. The twins had every reason to leave." The blonde demon ranted. He's been talking for a whole ten minutes, I felt like my ears were going to quit on me anytime soon. I was slumped on the bed and he was seated on the armchair across the bedroom, lazily flipping through the pages of a fitness magazine.

"You're very different from our usual pets. Alexander doesn't randomly feed on any human." He mumbled, his eyes slightly darkening. "Or are you here for another reason?"

I turned my head to his direction, staring at his eyes as they turned a light purple. It was an impressive trick but it made me curious to know what he was doing. A change in eye colour in demons mean they are using one of their many powers. I wonder what purple does.

Unable to contain my overflowing curiosity, I just had to ask. "What are you doing?"

He kept his eyes on the magazine, not answering my question. I pursed my lips, still staring at him. I knew he was not answering because I hadn't answered him first but my stubbornness would not waver.

I sighed in defeat, my inner scientist had to know what was going on.

"I don't know why I'm here." I answered his question. He looked up at me, his purple eyes making goosebumps form on my skin. My eyes got droopy all of a sudden and my body gave out, making me collapse on the bed while unable to move. I was still awake but I couldn't even lift a finger, almost like I was paralyzed.

"Let's try this again. Why are you here?" I heard him ask. Against my will, my mouth opened, making my eyes go wide.

"I... I'm their soulmate." The words came out against my will. What did this demon do to me?

"Who knows about this?"

Again, the words flowed out of my mouth without my consent. "The family..."

"And that you're human?"

"Alexander..."

"He probably sniffed it out, that filthy thing. Alright, you're free."

As soon as he said that I was free, my body jerked up and I had full control once again. I quickly sat up and glared at him. His eyes were pink again. "What was that? What did you do to me?" I asked him angrily. He closed the magazine and threw it on the table.

"Truth spell. I haven't used it in a while, probably why you got impaired for a bit. That's my bad." He said with a small smile.

"You had no right to use that on me without my permission."

"Well I had no idea that you were our future queen, I'm sorry." He said with a shrug. "You're screwed by the way. There's no way the creatures are going to accept you as queen."

"I'm not here to be anyone's queen." I grumbled. As if I care if these freaks won't like me. They should take a look at themselves first. "Besides, no one said that the twins will get the throne."

"Such little faith. They are beyond capable and all leaders know that. I know they'll get it... That's if others don't find out about you."

My brows furrowed at his statement. I knew that there was a certain opinion on humans here. They were the pets and slaves of the creatures but what would be wrong with being in a relationship with one?

"It is forbidden to be in a romantic relationship with your kind, especially higher power families like ours. It's a disgrace."

"It was decided by fate. You know, mates and stuff?" I said. They should understand that some creatures do not really have a say in who they end up with unfortunately.

The demon rolled his eyes. "Werewolves and hybrids with wolf halfs are the only ones who have those circumstances. The law still stands for them as well."

That doesn't even make sense.

"But then that would mean..." I said slowly.

"That they will be forced to reject being your mate, meaning death for you." He finished the statement. I frowned, letting it all sink in. If Silas or Sei had to be king they would be forced to reject me. I would die because of the rejection and if fate allowed it, they would be paired off with another woman. They would be okay and I would be dead...

"What if I reject them first?" I asked, earning a defensive snarl from the demon. I moved back in shock.

"Don't you even dare." He warned me, standing up. I quickly nodded. I would never do that to them. I care about them deeply.

"Good." He said, relaxing his shoulders. "Now let's get out of here. I'm starving."

__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__

A couple of hours into the afternoon passed, the demon and I seated in the kitchen, having some food. Well, he was having some food. He's been eating for three or four hours, constantly feeding on meat that looked too raw and drinking a red liquid that was most likely blood. I had a simple sandwich and I was getting hungry again from the waiting.

I had learnt that his name is Kaiser, age eighty four. He's what these creatures consider really young, like teenager level. He sure did look like one though.

He had clear slightly pale skin and shiny blonde hair that reached his shoulders. It was in beautiful waves, looking like it has been moisturized and deep conditioned for weeks. He was tall and lean, dressed in all black pants, boots and a shirt. Gold chains and rings decorated his neck and fingers.

I sighed, my butt hurting from sitting for too long. I could not complain. There were other creatures in the kitchen. A woman with red eyes was behind us, preparing a drink and a group of demons I had seen earlier were laughing together next to our seats, eating some of that popular bloody steak.

Saying something would get their attention on me. I am nearly certain that they have already heard that I am the twins' girlfriend by now.

I stared at Kaiser as he ripped the steak with his sharp canines. He was not eating like how humans did. He was more along the lines of a lion or leopard, only with hands. I swung my legs back and forth as I discreetly slid my hand over to his knee, tapping it. He paused his chewing and turned to look at me, blood dripping from the corner of his lip.

I pointed at my lips, showing him that he had blood on them. It looked weird, like he was a vampire and I know from how he spoke about Alexander that they are his least favorite.

He looked at my lips, swallowing his food. "What's wrong with your lips?" He asked me curiously.

I shook my head, making sure that no one was looking at me before pointing at them again. Kaiser rolled his eyes, "Use your words, Lia."

Lia? He has a nickname for me now?

I sighed, "There's a disturbing amount of blood dripping down your chin."

"Oh, and here I was thinking that you wanted me to give you a smooch." He said with a wide grin, picking up a napkin. "Though we can totally do that, just not where others can see or hear us."

I squinted my eyes at him. He did not look serious about what he just said. He was grinning like a chesire cat, almost as if he was teasing me. Ignoring his statement, I was about to ask for another sandwich when two interesting women walked in. What surprised me the most was the second one.

The first one was just like me... Not looks-wise but human-wise. It was another freaking human... A female! I was so excited, hoping that maybe she was my potential new best friend.

She had long black hair that reached her big butt, green seductive eyes and plumpy red lips. She was in a sparkly red dress, looking nothing like a maid and having no collar to show that she was a pet.

She's gorgeous.

The woman stared towards Kaiser and I, and strutted towards us. Kaiser groaned softly, a frown forming on his face as she approached. I looked at the woman that followed behind, also in a tight dress that was black. I knew those nasty blue eyes anywhere.

Sharlene.

Comment| Vote| Share