Chapter twenty: cherry pie

Sei led me to the opposite direction of the room I had woken up in. I was curious to know where he was taking me but I was more focused on what happened back there with his family. I looked up at him, seeing that his sharp jaw was clenched. I hadn't even noticed that he looked angry until now.

"What's wrong?" I asked him softly. He looked down at me and unclenched his jaw, lifting my hand up to kiss my knuckles. He didn't say anything but that wasn't a surprise to me. Sei didn't say much compared to Silas. Perhaps he was finding it difficult to word out his feelings in a way for me to understand.

"It's not that at all." Silas grumbled behind me. I whipped around to look at him, shocked that I had not heard him following behind us. "He doesn't know English. He's still taking lessons."

I looked back at Sei with raised eyebrows. He told me that he knew English back at the lab. He cleared his throat softly, looking anywhere but at me, embarrassed that he had gotten caught. 'Sei wanted to impress soulmate.' I heard him say in my mind.

I ignored it and shook my head, turning to Silas again, "What happened back there?"

"Nothing of your concern, little rose." He answered me cooly, shoving his hands into his pant pockets. I frowned at him.

"It is my concern because it involves me." I told him.

They stopped in front of a tall black door, one that looked like the entrance to hell. It had weird carvings on it. There were carvings of humans with spears, pointing them at a large snake-like creature. There was also the face of a man, sharp teeth poking out from his lips. There was a carving of a large wolf, with smaller wolves bowing before it. Another one looked familiar, it was a large beast with a curly mane. It was like the one I had seen back at the laboratory.

What are these things?

"Dragon..." Sei mumbled, pointing at the snake-like creature. His hand moved to the man with sharp teeth. "Vampire," he said. Silas nodded towards the large wolf, "Werewolves." He said, looking down at me.

"And the last one?" I asked them, staring at the large beast carving.

Sei stared at Silas, nodding at him to tell me. Silas looked hesitant at first but after a few seconds, he opened his mouth to speak. "Us, hybrids." He said.

They're hybrids? What kind?

"Demon and werewolf mix, the most powerful breed. Second most powerful is a Demon-vampire mix, but those are super rare." Silas explained.

"As are we," Sei added with a low voice. "There is only two of us kind."

"Our kind, Sei. Our. O-U-R. Have you even been going to your English lessons?" Silas said, glaring at his twin brother.

Forget the English lessons, you guys just told me you're rare demon werewolf things!?

"So which one of your parents are demon?" I asked them. I guessed that it was their father. He looked really cruel, and I'm certain that demons are cruel too.

"Both of them, Goliath isn't our real father. Our father is a werewolf alpha gone rouge." Silas said with an eye roll. "Our mother cheated on our father with a wolf a long time ago and we were born. Our father was furious but he forgave her because he had done the very same thing."

He cheated too? I thought back to the woman that had introduced herself as the second wife, Sapphire. Was she the one he had cheated with? Sei nodded at me, confirming my thoughts as true. I nodded slowly, there must be a lot of drama going on in this family if that's the case.

"You guys seem to be dealing with a lot. Is it a good idea for me to be here?" I asked them. Sei looked away at my question and Silas closed his eyes for a short moment.