Chapter thirty one: shifting pt.2

The sweet man I knew was no longer standing where he was. In front of me was a large beast from a child's nightmare.

Sei had shifted, and he was absolutely livid.

"Venandi, bring Sei back right now!" Silas shouted at the creature, that was a couple of inches taller than him. The beast only growled at him, as if threatening him.

"You can't shift while angry! You'll kill us all!" Silas hissed, making the beast named Venandi growl again. Tired of waiting, it charged to Silas and slammed into him, throwing him against the wall. I gasped and quickly ran to Silas, who groaned as he tried to get up. "Are you okay?" I quickly asked him. Venandi looked at me with it's lifeless eyes and sniffed me. When it recognized me, it backed away and charged to the doors, smashing through them and bolting down the hall.

"What happened to Sei? What's going on?" I asked in panic, helping Silas get up. He leaned against the wall, clutching on his stomach with clenched teeth. "Sei is gone, his hybrid took over."

"What!? That doesn't make sense. Aren't you the hybrids?" I asked Silas.

"We have wolves, but because we are half demon, we have an inner demon. It's a being in our minds. Since we are hybrids, our demon and wolf are born as one and since they are both such free creatures, they are stronger and harder to control when emotions are high. Demons and werewolves alone can control them but hybrids struggle because our inner hybrids are more powerful."

"So Sei can't stop Venandi?" I asked him.

"No, Sei is too angry and that only fuels Venandi. He can't stop him unless he calms down, which is not happening anytime soon." Silas lifted his shirt up, my eyes widening when a large purple bruise covered his whole stomach area. "It will heal in a couple of minutes. Until then, I can't do anything. He broke some of my ribs."

HE WHAT!?

"Why would he hurt you? Surely Venandi knows that you're Sei's twin."

"He can't see anything while he's blinded by rage. He won't stop until he gets whoever made him feel this way." Silas stared at me expectantly, as if waiting for me to tell him who Sei was chasing after.

"Can't you talk to him through mind link?" I asked, avoiding the topic. Silas looked away and shook his head. "Only if I shift, can I speak to him while he's also shifted."

"Then shift."

"What part of 'I can't do anything' did you not understand? It'll make the healing process much longer."

"Well, we can't just sit here while Sei- Venandi goes out and kills everyone!" I said in frustration, running my hands over my hair. I closed my eyes, trying to think of a solution to this problem. Maybe we need to wait for him to calm down... But how long would that exactly take?

"How long is he going to be angry?"

"Until he tastes the blood of whoever he's looking for. If everyone else fights him, it should take an hour at most."

"What if they kill him?" I asked Silas. He scoffed, "Impossible." He simply responded.

I went back to thinking. Venandi will stop at nothing to find Alexander. It's pretty late into the day, meaning that some of the vampires of this place are sleeping or lazing around. They won't be able to fight too much, their energy will probably be at its lowest right now. If Venandi found Alexander, he could kill him easily.

But then that would mean that he won't be able to be king.

Plus, many people could try to stop him and they may die too.

"I need to stop him before he does something that he'll regret." I said, standing up. Silas grabbed my wrist, "stay out of it."

"I can't let him do this. He'll regret it when he snaps out of it! He also needs to be king."

"He doesn't want to, which is why he won't care if he gets kicked out." Silas grumbled, standing up as well. He lifted his shirt up, his wound completely healed. "Besides, I can't let you get hurt again." He said softly.

"He won't hurt me, Silas. He recognized me more than he recognized you, his twin."

Silas rolled his eyes, "Venandi isn't my twin, my hybrid is. That's why he didn't recognize me. Don't think you're any more special than me, hot stuff."

Getting confused all over again, I asked, "but if I'm Sei's soulmate, how did Venandi-"

"Enough chit chat, let's just go stop him." Silas pulled me to the door.

"Okay, do you have a plan?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to talk to Venandi."

__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__

Silas and I ran down the hallways of the large mansion, listening carefully at the sound of Venandi's faint growls and following the mess that has been left behind. The walls had large claw marks on them, the cream white paint scratched off, and the floors had shards of broken vases all over. The place was an absolute wreck, how one person was responsible for this shocked me.

We followed the mess and noise, reaching the back door downstairs. I had no time to admire the beautiful landscape outside as Silas and I walked in on what I feared most.

For the first time since my arrival, I saw other creatures other than the twins' family.

To my dismay, it was under unfortunate circumstances.

Sei... Venandi was surrounded by around six people, all of them with pit black eyes. I stood back and watched as Silas charged to the scene.

"Who is he after!?" A demon asked with a loud hiss. The blonde haired demon effortlessly jumped up when Venandi slashed his tail towards him, avoiding the attack.

"I don't know! One of the vampires!" Silas shouted back. "I have to shift so I can ask him."

"I don't care what you do, man! Just do it before we resort to being violent with him."

"Shiloh!" Silas growled, his eyes glowing blue. My mouth gaped open when his bones started snapping, his form changing and fur sprouting from his skin. His clothes tore into pieces that landed on the ground. He had shifted, his long curls slightly dragging on the floor. His eyes were not black though, meaning that he still had his control. With a loud roar that echoed throughout the land, he charged into the circle of demons, going to speak to Sei.

I looked around, not seeing any vampire in sight. It was just the demons.

I hoped that Sei would snap out of it. As much as I want Alexander to pay for what he did to me, fighting will damage Sei more than it will him.