Chapter forty three: Lawrence

After we all spoke and reached a final decision, we all went to get ready for our departure. I headed upstairs to go wear something warmer: sweatpants, a hoodie and sneakers. I tied my hair up into a messy bun and walked to the closet for my suitcase. Silas told me that we were not returning to the house so I had to pack items I would need.

When I was done with that, I went outside to my car and put the suitcase inside my trunk. We had all decided to go ahead and see my parents and I needed to somehow convince them to let me take their weapons. How was I going to do that without a valuable explaination? This isn't me borrowing a pair of shoes, it's guns that can end someones life.

My parents may have been very ignorant about my unhappiness but they have never been fools. They can sniff out a lie before you even begin to say it, which is why I have to choose my words wisely.

And what if they say no? Do the men have a plan B if this all fails?

Snapping me from my thoughts, a large rose bush near me started shaking violently, making me take a few steps back in surprise. I looked at it with widened eyes, trying to see from the dark just what was inside.

Is it that rabbit again?

Usually, I would find a cute grey rabbit stuck in my rose bushes while it was trying to get to my vegetable garden on the other side... But this didn't seem to be it.

Whatever is in there is far bigger.

"Hello?" I asked, still stepping back. I wasn't stupid. I've watched enough horror movies to know that I should never approach something strange. Even if this was just an animal, it could be a venomous snake so I'm not taking any chances.

I quickly turned around to go and call the twins when something heavy shoved my back. I lost balance and fell to the ground, the object crushing me from above. Clawing my fingers on the grass, I gasped for air, feeling my lungs and ribcage getting pushed into the concrete. Something massive was on top of me and I couldn't breathe.

Suddenly, a hot bone-chilling voice spoke against my neck, large hands wrapping around my wrists to constrict me. "Hello there," it whispered coarsely, making me want to cringe deeper into the ground. I kicked the air, trying to land it on whoever this was. It was all I could do for myself. His strength was like someone laid a car on top of me.

The man sniffed my neck, a loud moan escaping his lips. I closed my eyes and tried to mind control the twins but he was distracting me, the fear jumbling with my thoughts. "Oh, you smell glorious."

"Thanks, I use a perfume called 'Alexander will murder you'." I wheezed out, unable to inhale much oxygen. I really shouldn't be wasting my air like that. I could die.

He sniffed me again, his moan getting louder. I somehow got enough oxygen to scream when the man started grinding himself against my ass, making me kick even harder than before. I must have caught him by surprise cause his grip on me loosened. Like a snake, I quickly spun around and fisted the man, making his head jerk to the side.

I crawled away and quickly scrambled up, preparing to run when I crashed against something tall and solid. Falling on my ass and nearly getting a concussion, I looked up to see Alexander's tall figure standing in front of me.

"Now look what you've done." He snarled, his eyes turning bright red. When he said that, get wasn't looking at me but at the man that was behind me, smiling like the psychopath he looked like.

"Alex! Long time no see!" The man said, running a hand over his blonde slicked-back hair. I got up and stood behind Alexander, who didn't even seem a slight bit threatened.

"You're Valedria's slave now, Lawrence?"

The Lawrence guy shook his head, holding his hands out in surrender. He opened his mouth to speak but Alexander didn't let him. In just a millisecond, he went from standing in front of me to landing a deadly punch to the other vampire. A sickening crack echoed throughout my driveway as Lawrence fell to the ground.