Chapter forty seven: Mrs Zulu

Quickly driving to the lab, still very cautious of my surroundings, I stopped the car in front of the entrance of the building without bothering to look for parking. There was no time to waste. I needed to find out what that old lady knew and what role she played in everything that was happening.

I ran into the lobby, finding a woman tapping on a computer behind the counter.

"Welcome to—"

"Mrs Zulu. I need to know the address of Mrs Zulu." I quickly said, breathing heavily from running. The lime green-haired woman looked up at me, too stunned to speak.

"Please, this is really urgent." I begged her. She blinked for what seemed to be forever and shook her head at me.

"We aren't allowed to give out that kind of information, ma'am."

"I'll pay you whatever amount of money. Just her address is all I need." I asked again, biting my lip and tapping my toes against the floor. There was no time for this...

"I'm sorry, I just started working here and I just..."

Her words faded as I looked around, trying to find another way to get to her computer. As her mouth moved while she explained how nervous she was about getting this job, I stared at a decorative vase that was placed next to her. It had nothing inside but I knew that it weighed a million tons. It was ridiculously heavy.

If I could just perfectly land it on her head, just between her eyes I could knock her out cold.

"...plus, my dog died so this job is something good in my life for a change and..."

I looked around. The lobby was empty but there were security cameras around. It didn't quite matter to me if I were to get arrested. That was honestly better than having a vampire leader hunting me down for my head.

I casually scooted to the vase and placed my hands on the counter, nodding at whatever the younger girl was saying. She looked to be in her early twenties, maybe even nineteen years old. Her straight short hair was like a lime highlighter, sickeningly bright and kind of blinding. She had these innocent Bambi eyes that were the warmest shade of brown and her freckles were scattered over her nose like Tinkerbell had sprinkled pixie dust on her.

She's so adorable, too bad I have to concuss her.

When she stopped talking, I gave her a forced smile and picked up the vase as quickly as I can. "I'm so sorry for this," I said in a rush before lifting it over her head and pushing it to her as hard as I could. I heard a loud bang and a crash and that was my cue.

"God, I'm never getting hired here again," I mumbled, jumping over the counter. I yanked the mouse towards me and quickly started tapping, frantically searching for employee files with data on us. I was certain that someone had seen me from the cameras and was already making their way here.

I laughed in satisfaction when I saw a picture of the old lady I was looking for displayed on the screen, everything a person could know about her written below the image. "Albert road... That's close, I can make it there." 

"Hey... What do you think you're doing?" The girl that was supposed to be unconscious said to me with a loud groan. I looked down as she sat up and I quickly jumped over the counter again.

"Again I'm so sorry, I had no choice," I said to her, sprinting back to my car. I climbed in and drove in the direction of the address. It was fortunately just five minutes away in a little area that barely had any people residing there. I've only counted five little bungalows once I drove past there but it made a lovely and quiet place.

A tad bit creepy though.

I've heard that scary things go on in the woods of that area at night.

I let out a window shattering scream when a cold and heavy hand landed on my shoulder, someone's cold breath fanning against my neck. In a panic, I let go of the steering wheel, attempting to push the hand off. My car swerved off the road and drove down a slope, making me scream whenever I barely hit a tree