Chapter Three

Tia's POV

After showering and brushing my teeth, I walked in my closet to see what to wear. I had plenty of time to choose an outfit because I'm not a breakfast person. Sure, I love breakfast foods but I don't wake up hungry. I'd normally eat late mornings or in the afternoon. Even with only eating one or two meals a day, I'm still plump. A curvy, plus sized, chocolate goddess is what Deva calls me. I just say I'm fat and black. But to me, she's talking about herself. Deva is an all black wolf with a thick, silver stripe from her snout to her tail, much like a fancy skunk. Her golden honey colored eyes seem to light up if she's riled up. I have dark skin and dark brown eyes and a lot of black fluffy hair with silver stands in the mix, despite my youth, much like her.

After finding my favorite black Capri leggings with a hot pink stripe on each side of my hips going down the length of the leg, I paired them with a long pink t-shirt. I put on a pair of ankle socks and a pair of pink and black Nike shoes. I made my way down the stairs to see mom and dad at the kitchen island eating breakfast. I greet them and say I'm on my way to the Alpha's villa. My dad, Theodore, hums as he sips his coffee and reads the paper. My mom drops her fork and worriedly comes over to hug me once again, igniting the anxiety I already have.

"If your brother is there, please tell him to come visit us soon," she says.

My brother, Robert, is the top hunter for the pack. He lives in the pack house that's connected to 'Alpha Villa.'

Dad slowly makes his way over and he too hugs me like there's no tomorrow for me. My dad is a man of few words. He also has worn many hats in our pack, he grew up here. He was a top warrior for the former alpha. When he stepped down due to illness, dad became one of the best pack doctors in the country. He taught several doctors and our current doctor everything there is to know but he has a private room in the basement that I'm not allowed in. People come to him through a back entrance and he does whatever he's into down there. I'm not sure what to think of it.

After all the snuggles and brief goodbyes, I grabbed my phone, stuffed it in my bra, and walked to the villa. My palms were sweaty, my breathing erratic, and my heart was two beats from flat-lining as I walked to the door. It was a 5 minute walk so I wasn't tired, I was just scared as shit! The door slowly opened as soon as I held my hand up to knock. I was startled immediately but then I noticed who was standing before me. I looked up to see the brooding Alpha Artemis. He's about 6'2" and 300 pounds of pure muscle. He has golden tanned skin with hazel eyes and a slick bald head. I'm 5'10" but had to crane my neck to meet his gaze.

"Holy Shit, Deva! He's gonna eat us." I thought.

"He just big, he can't fuck wit me," she barked.

"Time and place, Deva. Control yourself." I breathed.

She silenced. I took a deep breath and bowed my head in respect. "Alpha." I said. He just looked at me for a few moments. My eyes shifted around uncomfortably to see what the hell was going on.

"Come in" he said like a rumble of thunder.

I almost jumped at his sudden outburst but followed behind as he turned to walk into the house. I lightly closed the door behind me and turned to see the home. It was quaint. Not what I was expecting, but it was huge in comparison to my house. The foyer was as big as my bedroom. It had cream colored walls, mahogany floors, a long cherry oak table with vases of fresh flowers on each end and a pot in the middle with green ivy vines that grew around the table and up the wall delicately. To the left of the foyer was a living area that could easily be the ballroom from Beauty and the Beast. It had black leather furniture adorned in different areas. There were chairs in pairs with deep brown tables accenting each area. A sitting area with about ten black leather sofas stationed neatly and evenly in a U-pattern. In front of the couch area sat a TV that absolutely had to be custom ordered, you can't get that sucker off of Amazon. It was as big as a movie screen! I noticed a series of doors that led to other rooms and I could see a few floor to ceiling windows near a back door leading into a beautiful garden. A few pack members were scattered around sipping coffee and tea chatting leisurely.