Chapter Fifteen

Tia's POV

After Benjamin safely left the room, I returned to my desk to finish tidying up. Liam wandered around the office for a few moments before he turned back to me.

"No one has ever been able to calm me down in a mere matter of seconds."

"Oh. Um, why is that?" I asked.

"As you can tell, I have a bit of a temper."

"No shit, Sherlock." I laughed.

"Tia, I really need you in my life. You're clearly the yin to my yang."

"..."

"Are you willing to come back to my kingdom and be by my side?" He asked.

I was twice as dumbstruck now. I never really thought about my actual plans after I found my mate. I had always been focused on what to do with just my life. This is all so sudden and not a part of my plan.

"I've never really thought about moving away. I have goals and obligations. I have a family here."

"I can make suitable arrangements for your family."

"I'm sorry, Liam. The timing just isn't right at the moment. This is not a part of my plan."

"How can I change your plans?"

"You can't."

I cringed after I said that. It could've come out a little bit better. It's just I don't want to give up on my entire future for something that's so uncertain. I barely know anything about him. He stood silent then let out a long sigh of defeat.

"Look, Liam. It's been a long day and that's kinda a lot to think about right now. We'll catch up at some point and talk. But for now, I need rest and a clearer head.

He pursed his lips and gave a firm nod before quietly walking out. I felt so empty and alone again. My heart and my breath felt heavy. I got up to leave and turned off the light. I made my way down the hall to my room and peeked at Liam's door. The slither of light I had seen before, wasn't there. I exhaled in defeat and made my way to my room and into bed. In my mind I tried to sort things out and rethink my future. I know I can't deny the mate bond, he just has to give me a little time. I shook away the fog in my brain and eventually fell into a restless sleep.