Chapter Fourteen

Liam's POV

It felt so good to comfort my mate. Any chance I get in the future, I want her in my arms. The mate bond hummed between us. Everything about her just feels so right. We were interrupted by a knock at the door. A tiny male was standing there smiling. Is this who she was waiting for in her office? Is this the male that she smelled like earlier? I glared at him as he entered the room and took in his scent. Nah, it's not the same one. He reeked of alcohol and his eyes were bloodshot red. Who is he and why is he here?

He questioned why she was working so late. She told him and he questioned more. Asking if she was ok and who I was, like I wasn't standing right in front of him. I wanted to tell him that we were none of his fucking business but she responded, stammering over her words. I decided to make myself known and introduced myself. My name alone is an insertion of pure dominance. His eyes widened in shock. He immediately began to kiss ass and asked if she and I were mates. Was he eavesdropping? I glared at him as his eyes shifted between the two of us. He opened his arms and was rushing to touch my mate. Out of instinct, and maybe a little jealousy, I grabbed him by the throat and slammed him into the nearest wall. How dare he try to touch my mate? I should rip his fucking head off right here and now. Anger and adrenaline coursed through my veins as I let out an angry growl. The feel of his rapid pulse thumping in my hand was enough to send Titan in a frenzy. He thoroughly enjoys a good kill. Watching as his victims take their last breath and their eyes lose life.

"Mine." I said to lay claim to my mate.

He nodded in agreement. I could smell the fear seeping from his body. Pathetic. I felt Tia grab my arm and I turned my attention to her. Her beautiful brown orbs looked deep into my soul, her touch instantly started to calm my rage. I loosened my grip just enough to let him breathe. She gently rubbed up and down my arm and softly asked me to let him go, I obliged and dropped him to the floor. I kept my gaze on her. Her calming effect brought me back to my senses. She kept a hold on my arm as the weakling scurried to his feet still gasping for air. He held himself up by his knees and apologized profusely. He asked for forgiveness for not helping. So this must be Benjamin, the alpha's son. And he was eavesdropping. He said a brief goodbye and staggered out of the office still gasping for air. I should've killed the drunk fucker for past and present indiscretions.