Chapter Seventeen

Tia's POV

I didn't sleep well last night but managed to get about six or seven hours. I woke up at 9 a.m. sharp. I checked my phone to see I had a couple texts from Alpha Artemis. He wants me to take Liam and his crew out in the territory for a tour after breakfast. Shit, I just woke up. Breakfast started 30 minutes ago. I rushed to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I styled my hair straight back with a few globs of gel and wrapped it in a messy bun. I rushed into the closet and found the first thing that was 'easy.' It was a powder pink dress with flowers. I paired it with a pair of silver flats and rushed around to the West Wing. I knocked on each door not waiting for an answer. If they heard the knock, they'll come out. The body guards peeked out of their rooms and I greeted them. I asked them if they wanted breakfast and of course all of them did. I smiled and told them to follow me. We headed down the stairs, through the foyer and living room. I opened the door to the kitchen and the buffet was all laid out. I thought it was pretty impressive but they looked at it like it was basic. They each grabbed two plates and started mounding it with different foods. Geez, they eat a lot. I thought. As they finished topping off their plates, I led them to the seating area. I saw my brother and a few of his friends at a table so I guided them there to take a seat.

"Hey, big brother."

"Hey, little sister. What are you doing down here? You don't eat breakfast."

"I was just bringing our guests down for breakfast. And I'm good, thanks for asking."

He laughed at my sarcasm and took a sip of his juice.

"So who do we have here?" He asked.

"Ummm. I'm so sorry, but I don't know your names." I said to the guys.

The guy with the order of tea spoke first.

"I'm Tyler" he said as he shoved three strips of bacon in his mouth. He wiped his hand on his jeans and extended for me to shake. I shook it and smiled. The two 'coffee guys' followed suit and introduced themselves as Will and Sam. They were very short with their introductions. Just a name and a small nod. They were too consumed in eating.

"Well, Robert, this is Tyler, Will, and Sam."

I pointed them out one by one. Just trying to put a face to a name and remember it.

"No duh, Tia." he teased

I squinted my eyes and scrunched my nose at him and continued the formal introductions.

"Tyler, Will, Sam...this is my older brother Robert. He's one of our hunters here at the pack."

Tyler looked up from shoveling scrambled eggs into his mouth and says:

"No shit? Really? Sam and I started out as hunters at Midnight Shadow. How long have you been at it?"

"I started training right at 17 and had a natural knack for it. I quickly came up the ranks and now I lead the team."

Robert said with a proud smile. Sam stuffed a slice of toast in his mouth, pushed it to his cheek like a squirrel and asked

"How long have you been leading them?"

"Since I was about 20, so right at five years."

"So what's the next step? Are you going to advance any further? Maybe become a warrior?" Will asked.

"Maybe one day. I've been training with a few of the warriors and they've taught me a lot but I'm not grasping a few of the concepts." Robert said.

I took this opportunity to slip away from the conversation. I went back to the fridge and grabbed a jar of frappuccino. A little caffeine to keep me going today. I peaked back into the dining hall and could see a few more wolves had joined in on the conversation. I decided that I'll let guys talk about guy things.