Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Tia's POV

I had been slamming myself with college courses and work for the past three years. I was in school for Business Administration and did every class that I possibly could to get out faster than the four year minimum. I was kinda an overachiever like that but my motivation was to stop my weekends with the alpha. I was delved into my school work as much as being his assistant. I was finally to the point in school where I needed to be so I could graduate a year earlier than expected. All I had to do was cram hard for finals. While everyone around me took three to four classes per semester, I would take a couple of night or online classes as well to give myself that extra push towards graduation. I now had to study for my last six class's finals. I had an almost perfect GPA, I slipped up and made a C on a final that counted for half our grades in my second year. I took it hard, but passing was my main agenda. Can you imagine, I was about to have the ability to become a big CEO of any company of my choice! And right before my twenty-first birthday. I realize that I would probably have to work my way up but I was so proud. I knew in this final stretch I absolutely couldn't fuck up.

Things had been tense at the alpha's office for the past year and a half so my focus was really scattered among the two tasks at hand, school work Monday through Friday and alpha duties Friday evenings until Sunday. I had my own room at home and at his villa. I didn't have a lot of time to myself or to even have a social life. I was really stretched thin. I felt like he purposely gave me a hard time in the beginning, but I soon realized that he was extremely meticulous and a very busy man. He was forming allies due to a severe rogue problem that was threatening a lot of smaller packs. They would raid packs to take unmarked women and even young girls that were just teenagers so they could produce rogue offspring. It was calling for a countrywide war. Packs against any and all rogues. There were a lot of deaths. But I feel like, if you have to take a life to save a life then by all means kill those fuckers. They rebelled against the hierarchy and don't live by order. Rouges just make up rules as they go. I had heard that the longer they live in isolation or away from a pack, the more insane they become. It's a scary thought. Especially since I'm an unmarked, young woman myself. I had to stay vigilant.

This weekend was extremely important, Alpha Artemis finally landed a meeting with the absolute largest and strongest pack's lead alpha, Alpha Liam Onyx. Their territory was so vast that they had to have two names and three alphas for their pack. Alpha Jasper Knight ran the Midnight Stone pack, a warrior pack, with his Beta Sterling Wolfgang and Gamma Lucas London. And then Alpha Scout Caesar led the Midnight Shadow pack, the hunter pack and second line of defense, with his Beta Seiko Silver and Gamma Dixon Hawk. The entire villa was in a frenzy when I came that Friday. Maids and servants were prepping rooms and cleaning every crack and crevice in the place. Everything was especially neat and tidy. I ran into Jenny on the second floor near my room and asked what all of the special precautions were about. She stated that Alpha Onyx would be living on the second floor along with some of his guards for the weekend. Oh great, more work for me and less time to study, I thought. She quickly scurried off to do her duties and I entered my room to dump my book bag and have a quick break before heading to the Alpha's office. I went to my private bathroom to wash my face and stared at myself in the mirror.

"Something's happening. I feel it!" Deva said.

"What are you talking about? We're going to be really busy with all of the meetings while Alpha Artemis kisses ass." I sighed.

"Yeah, well it's something. I just know it." She encouraged.

I sighed. She has been really on edge for the past couple of days. No matter how much I took her out for runs or a hunt or even trained with Beta Axle, she was still buzzing with restlessness. Without much more thought, I readied myself to go to the Alpha's office. I had an adjoining office to his that was tucked away on the second floor. It was a fairly small office but very comfortable. It hadn't been used very much in the past and was filled with file cabinets and a small desk. I had readjusted it to suit my needs and had digitized most of the old paper files to make them readily available from our computers rather than all of those yellowing papers. After about a year, my office went from looking like an old storage room to an actual functioning office. Alpha Artemis was especially happy. He gave me a pack credit card to buy whatever I needed to feel more at home and keep things efficient. I didn't need much more than a better chair and updated technology. But I did buy a kettle and coffee machine along with a small bar and some of his favorite things so that I wouldn't have to run downstairs to the kitchen ten times a day. Eventually, he started making the maids restock everything in my office to suit his needs and the needs of guests that'll come from time to time. We actually worked really well together as time passed. It's safe to say, we became friends. He really wasn't as bad as I had originally thought. He's a cool dude. But he still has anger issues.

As I booted up my computer, Alpha beeped into the intercom on my phone. That was his favorite investment of mine.

"Tia, please make yourself available in the next fifteen minutes. Our guests have arrived and I'll be showing them in to start a meeting."

"Okie dokie," I responded.

I got up to brew a fresh pot of coffee and turned the electric kettle on to make hot water for tea. I went to the bar to make sure I had ice for any alcoholics in the group. They always want whiskey on the rocks. Well, I didn't have any 'rocks'. How the hell did they forget to bring ice? I grabbed the ice bucket from the mini fridge and started making my way through the hall. I saw Alpha Artemis and a group of men walking up the west stairwell. I scurried across the hall to the other side to go down the east stairwell unnoticed. By the time they were rounding the corner to go to the office, I was walking through the foyer to pass through the living room and make my way to the kitchen but I stopped dead in my tracks. There was this enchanting smell in the foyer. It was a thick and manly musk smell with hints of lavender and fresh rain. My mouth was watering and my mind was trapped. I inhaled the smell until it finally started to get faint. I had been standing in place for a solid five minutes just lost in this smell. I finally snapped back to reality when I heard a group of pack members come through the garden door. I looked to see who it was and it was my brother, Robert, and a couple of his friends coming from the training grounds. Their shirts were covered in sweat and he came up and hugged me.

"Ew, gross. You stink!" I teased.

Him and his crew just laughed.

"Hey to you too, Baby Sister. Why are you just standing there with an ice bucket?" He questioned.

"Oh shit! I forgot I was headed to the kitchen. I'll talk to you later. Mom said, 'Call her'."

I yelled back as I trudged through the living room to complete my mission.

After I got the ice and a tray of fruit from a server, I quickly walked back up the stairs and slipped into my office. I was a little sweaty from the adrenaline so I sat the tray down, put the ice away and fanned myself for a moment. Once I regained my composure, I looked at the clock. Shit! How did that take 20 minutes?! I picked up the tray of fruit and did a quick knock on Alpha's door to make my entrance known, and stepped in with a smile. I walked over to set the fruit on the table in the middle of the seating area. As soon as I bent down, my world got rocked. It's that smell again. I closed my eyes in satisfaction and felt dizzy, yet on top of the world. I opened my eyes and they were immediately drawn to the man next to me. He was already staring back at me. He was beautiful. Almond colored skin and green eyes that seeped into my soul. He had very chiseled features and a jawline that could cut diamonds. He had a full head of jet black hair and a man-bun neatly placed at the top. He sat stiff, with his hands gripping the arms of the chair and no emotion to his face. I was a little scared to even breathe right now. Wait, am I breathing? Holy hell, Tia take a breath!

Mate. Deva growled

My heart did somersaults. I felt a rush of heat overcome my face and I tried to keep my composure. I quickly regained some of my sanity and looked at the other guests and Alpha Artemis with a small smile.

"Would anyone care for a drink?" I asked with shaky breaths.

"Yes. Two Irish coffees, a cup of tea with milk and sugar, and two whiskeys on the rocks." Alpha ordered.

I smiled and with a small nod, turned on my heels and marched back to my office. As soon as I closed the door, I finally released the breath I was holding. I took a few deep breaths and shook my hands to steady my nerves and began to make the drinks.

 I took a few deep breaths and shook my hands to steady my nerves and began to make the drinks

Alpha Liam Onyx

He doesn't have hair like I described, but the features was what I envisioned before I learned how to upload pics. Plus, I really love man buns ;)