Chapter Thirty Nine

Liam's POV

After an infuriating day and hectic night, it was a great ending. Tia confessing her love was everything I had dreamed of. Safe to say she's hella sprung and so am I. She finished her shower lazily and walked to bed like a zombie. I followed behind soon after and she was already asleep. As I curled up in bed with her, she rolled over into my arms and mumbled my name. My heart was full. I kissed the top of her head and thought about the events of the day and plans for tomorrow. I know I have to give her time to study for tests but I also really need her to train with Isabella. There's not enough hours in a day to do all that needs to be done. Neither for her or myself. I know one thing's for sure, every opportunity I have will be spent with her. I turned off my brain and tuned in to her snores. It relaxed me enough to lull me to sleep.

I woke to the sun in my eyes. I wanted more sleep so I covered my face with a pillow. My brain realized that Tia was supposed to be on that pillow so I jumped up to look around. She was nowhere. I got up and searched the closet and bathroom and even my room but couldn't find her.

"Tia, where are you?"

"Eating breakfast. I was starving."

I signed in relief.

"I'll join you in a minute."

I put on a simple white dress shirt with black slacks and oxfords. I went to brush my teeth, pulled up my hair and thought about my plans for the day. I had a lot of business to attend to and preparations for an upcoming hunt. I made my way downstairs and sent Isabella a text to meet with me today. She quickly responded that she'll be here in an hour. Perfect. I entered the dining room and saw Brutus and Tyler nestled in the corner with coffee. I bid them a good morning and entered the dining suite where Tia was. I sat at the table and filled my plate with proteins and a stack of pancakes. I looked over at Tia and she looked tired but still managed a small smile.

"Good morning, Love."

"Morning."

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine."

"Did you not sleep well?"

"Yes."

I took bites of my food and observed her. Something was off. She wasn't talking, her eyes were dull, and even though she said she was hungry her food was barely touched.

"Something's wrong, what is it?"

"I'm just tired. I'm going to my room to study."

"Ok. I wanted to introduce you to Isabella today. Are you up for it?"

"Whatever you like."

"Tia. Talk to me."

"It's nothing. Really. I'm just feeling tired."

I studied her more and tuned in to her emotions. She was...numb. I didn't know the issue or even what I could do to help. Before I could process my next plan of action, she stood up to leave. She was slumped forward slightly and walked stiff. She was physically hurting. Had I hurt her? Shit. Titan and I took things too far too fast. I didn't listen when she said she was sore. I knew her weakness and exploited it. I got up from the table and jogged to her. She looked up at me with reddened eyes. I could tell she wanted to cry.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I should've listened to you. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"It's fine, Liam. I understand you have needs."

"It's not that serious. I should've had more control, I should've listened."

"I need to go lie down."