Chapter Twenty Eight

The Meeting

Tia's POV

After I got dressed, Liam and I left the hospital and headed into the meeting room. Alpha Artemis was at the head of the table with Beta Axle and Gamma Shane to his right. Liam and I sat to his left followed by Robert and my parents. As we sat, Benjamin, April, Jenny, and Shelley's parents entered. Benjamin sat next to Gamma Shane and the others sat at the far end of the table. Alpha cleared his throat, ready to start the discussions.

"We're here today to discuss the matter of Shelley Mars. Shelley was banished from this pack over three years ago. Does anyone know of her whereabouts?"

I studied the room while waiting for someone to respond. I noticed April's glance at Benjamin and she lowered her head.

"April, do you have something to say?" I asked. Everyone looked at me and then to her. Her face flushed pale and a redness to her cheeks.

"Speak now, April." Alpha ordered.

"Shelley lives in the woods near the territory."

She answered. I felt like it was a half truth. I was reading her emotions and something was off.

"April you know more than you're telling. There's an underlying issue here and we need the whole truth. How do you know that she lives near the territory? Do you have any dealings with her?"

I questioned further. She glanced back to Benjamin and lowered her head again. I turned to look at Alpha and he had noticed too. His face grew red with anger as he looked at his son.

"April, I command you to tell me everything you know at this moment!"

She shuddered with fear as he used his alpha tone.

"I can't."

She responded. Jenny looked at her like she knew something as well. Benjamin sat slumped with guilt and regret.

"I know you all know something and you're not telling us! Shelley attacked me today and I regret to inform you Mr. and Mrs. Mars, but your daughter is dead."

Loud sobs filled the room. Shelley's mom turned to her mate for comfort. He stroked her arms up and down and shushed her quietly as tears filled his eyes. The girls lowered their heads and Benjamin looked as if he would faint at any moment. After a moment of listening to Mrs. Mars' sobs, April spoke.

"She lived at the edge of the territory. I helped her out from time to time but only because I was forced to."

"Forced? By who?" I asked.

"Young Master Benjamin. He forced us both to take her food and supplies and continue being her friend even though we wanted to cut all ties."

Jenny said. Benjamin looked at her in complete shock. I don't think he ever planned on his secret coming out. He had no words to speak as he turned to look at a very angry Alpha. Alpha was beet red and shaking with anger. April finally sat tall and firm as she spoke the whole truth with tears in her eyes.

"She's right and I won't live in fear anymore. The truth is, I may have provoked the attack. I will accept any punishment for my actions, even if it's death. Sigh. I went to Shelley's cabin yesterday after the argument with Tia. I just needed someone to talk to and I thought it would be harmless. She was upset that Tia's life was going well and was talking...crazy. I got upset and lashed out at her. When I left, she was really mad. She was cursing and smashing things. I never thought she would take things this far, I swear!"

She covered her face and cried. The room fell silent outside of the sniffles and sobs.

"Your actions almost cost you the life of your future Queen! Do you have any idea of the trouble you've caused? Thankfully she survived! But unfortunately, the Mars' lost their child! And Benjamin, you're the culprit behind this whole situation. What do you have to say for yourself?"