three

Omega-TOP x Alpha-BOTTOM
Miguel x Jacob
***

Jacob looked at himself in the mirror, his hand running over the necklace. He already knew that he'd have to hide it for today because his parents ordered him to go on an arranged date for family benefits.

He has already gone on countless before and they never last. Since it was never a date that he'd choose, despite how beautiful they possibly were. Jacob just could never allow himself to get into the whole idea of his parents possibly choosing his Mate.

It had him wondering if the people he was set to meet for a time period felt the same. Or if they felt that overwhelming sense of justice to create the next Luna. Because only twenty families had the genetic mutation that allows them to create a Luna, but it's dormant if one's already alive. Now that the one they've been having passed away some decades ago, the genetic mutation should be awake.

No one knows why it's taken so long to create one though.

"Are you ready?"

Jacob heard his mother ask him on the other side of his closed door. He tucked the necklace under his shirt collar and let the jewel part go under his shirt. Impressing himself that he could manage to keep it on, but allow it to not be seen.

"Jacob-!"

"Yes." He opened the door quickly, shaking his head in disapproval. "I said I would go to this date. I was ready quite early. Trying to decide what I was even going to wear for this."

His mother looked at his clothes, actually shocked that he was wearing such pale colors. Not knowing that he wore such colors to complement the necklace.

"You usually wear dark colors...these type of colors, you should wear more often." She murmurs, going forward as she was planning to readjust his collar.

Only for him to yank back fast, clearing his throat as he turned.

"I need to get going. Wish me luck." Jacob grins at her, happy he was able to get away without her noticing the necklace. It was impossible to see unless someone fiddled with his collar, so he had to avoid her at that point.

Usually these types of planned dates didn't bother him, but he was more bothered than ever. He only knew of two places that Miguel worked at. This gut feeling told him that Miguel chose to work more jobs than he needed to.

But why?

He had the money, his family didn't cut him off. Jacob was sure to have his assistants reach out to his parents assistants who corroborated his thought. He just wondered why Miguel would take it this far? In his mind, he had nothing to prove to anyone because he already had it all.

So what was the point?

Walking around as if he understood other peoples situations and choosing to work in their place, when he's a literal trust fund baby. The very thought irritated Jacob because it just didn't make sense.

What was Miguel trying to prove?

"Do you know the name of your date?" Jacob hears his assistant, Anna, ask him. He ends up shrugging because he didn't look into his date at all. "It's a good thing I tagged along for this ride. You would've gone there and not even known your dates name."

Anna shook her head, noticing that Jacob was in his own world at that point. Not knowing that he was now thinking about what Miguel could be doing at that moment.

Worrying about some planned date was boring to him, the thought of Miguel was what excited him. He wished his parents had planned that date out before he left the Aristocracy.

His Alpha of SubmissionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara