thirty three

Omega-TOP x Alpha-BOTTOM
Miguel x Jacob
***
Beta-TOP x Omega-BOTTOM
Neo x Gage
***

"I feel a little awkward...being here." Neo chuckled shyly as he walked in beside Gage into the large hall. Not used to being in such a fancy and luxurious place, around such Aristocratic people, and with a date such as Gage.

And it was noticed immediately as from the across the room, Jacob and Miguel saw Gage enter. As everyone saw who Gage was with and already knew he wasn't Aristocratic. Yet, it could've been disregarded if he had something to admire.

Except...they all felt pity for Gage. That he was beside someone such as Neo.

Jacob looked over at Miguel who was just as confused.

"I'm impressed," Jacob muses, glancing over at his dad who was too busy flirting with André, "Gage actually showed up. Not to mention with a Beta of no status. To each their own, right?"

"Status doesn't matter, but I am surprised. He looks familiar." Miguel ignorantly thought, not realizing that it was the Neo from his club. Having forgotten already, and so fast too. "It has been a month, and you did invite him."

"For my entertainment to see if he'd come. Surprisingly, he did; and with a date too. I wonder how much it pained him to bring a date such as him." Jacob teased.

Not knowing that Gage was quite comfortable in Neo's presence. Sticking close beside him as Neo made them both plates, not being shy to stuff it full of food.

"You're doing great." Neo complimented, causing Gage to snort. "What's so funny? I'm being serious!"

"I know I'm doing great, I should be complimenting you. Considering what people are saying under their breaths about you..."

"Really? I haven't heard a thing." Neo lied, smiling as he hands Gage his plate.

He already mentally prepared himself for such judgements before he arrived. Because he already knew if he hadn't, his hurt feelings would show.

The both of them went to sit down, Gage's parents having chosen not to show up to the party. So they were the only ones sitting at that table. Neo noticing and he tried to better the situation as he grabbed the other cards set on the empty chairs.

"Won't you look at that? We get extra pretty cards. More the merrier, right?"

"Totally." Gage snickered, looking at the card and taking notice that it said countdown. When he looked up that's when it hit him, there was a countdown on the screen that practically took up the whole wall.

The stage had piles of gifts on it and he showed up with none. Only for Neo to dig in his pocket and hand him a gift card.

He looked, seeing Neo wink.

"What...is this?"

"A fifty dollar gift card. They can get their baby something nice."

"Gift cards...are useless to people of our status but...okay, thanks." Gage smiled at such a thing, standing up as he headed over towards the stage.

Climbing the steps as he set the gift card down, he rushed back down and avoided speaking to Jacob. Who's eyes were set on him in amusement to how obvious his avoidance of him was.

When Gage got back to Neo, he sighed in relief. Neo patting his back, impressed by him being able to do so so elegantly. Only to slightly crumble when he sat back down.

"You looked so nice walking up there. It was like..." Neo purposely drifted, seeing Gage look up at him. "I was watching a movie take place before my eyes...or a fashion show!"