five

Omega-TOP x Alpha-BOTTOM
Miguel x Jacob
***

"Yeah...this can't be fixed."

Jacob stood in the jewelers shop, his hands trembling with frustration as he saw the worker examine it.

"The jewel fell out of what was holding it in place, and you don't have the grip. Not to mention the jewel chipped some, so it must've been quite aged. This necklace seems to be a one-of-a-kind, I've never seen a necklace like this..." The jeweler looked down at it in amazement, but Jacob was becoming more frustrated. "This is quite large too, the Prasiolite...are you willing to sell it-?"

"It's not for sale, what the fuck?" Jacob snapped at him, causing the jeweler to clear his throat awkwardly. "I broke something that was important to someone I care about. I came to see if it was possible for it to be fixed. You said no but, is there anything that can be done at all? I'll pay anything."

Jacob watched as the guy looked at the gem some more, only to see it down and grab a magnifying glass. He watched him examine it with some utensil and he began to get annoyed by his slow movements.

"You can use this gem to make a new necklace. A completely new chain and design. Have the jewel sculpted to a different shape, refined, cleaned, all of that. It's quite large so that could be an option. Though it's just up to anyone who's willing to do that for you." The man informs him, stepping back. "I don't specialize in that stuff-."

"Bring me someone who does! My dad has had necklaces and rings made here for my mother! I know this can be done." Jacob snapped, seeing the guy shrug. "How dare you shrug?"

"My boss doesn't just make stuff for anybody. Who even are you?" He ended up asking without any malice, genuinely wondering who he was.

Before he could get an answer, Jacob saw an Alpha open a door that was on the far end of the room. He immediately realized it was the man who made the countless rings and necklaces his mother had.

"If it isn't Mr. Cythe." The Alpha smiled, and the guy who merely examined the jewel looked at Jacob in shock. "What brings you here? I heard some commotion back here and was going to situate it myself, but it's just you."

"I have a commission for you to take on that I need done soon." Jacob propositioned, grabbing the jewel as he showed it to the Alpha, Mr. Yate. "This was originally on a necklace. It...it was broken and I need it to be on a new one. I want to make a completely different necklace for it because this gem means something to the person I'm making this for."

Jacob watched as Mr. Yate looked at him with dissatisfaction, narrowing his eyes.

"What's the problem?"

"I...I specifically use all of my jewels and diamonds. I've never used one that isn't from the source I know of. I don't think so-."

"Please." Jacob begged him, grabbing his hand as he placed the jewel in it. "I will pay whatever amount, I just really need this to be made. I'm not just asking you to make this just because, there's genuine feelings and truth behind it. I broke something dear to this person out of anger, and that wasn't my intentions. Doing this...I have to, I want to."

Mr. Yate didn't say anything, having not even looked at the jewel in his hand. This situation reminded him of countless situations with others who just wanted to use their jewels for superficial reasons. Except he was actually hearing someone want to fix something they broke?

He never knew, Jacob could be lying; but he also knew his parents. They wouldn't raise a liar.

"I can make a one-of-a-kind necklace for you," Mr. Yate starts, causing Jacob to smile, "but, that's only because I can sense that you're being genuine. I believe it, but I will only do this once. I don't like using gems I'm unfamiliar with, but I'll try in this case."