seventeen

Omega-TOP x Alpha-BOTTOM
Miguel x Jacob
***

Miguel stood in the kitchen, looking down at the flowers that Jacob brought for him only a couple of days ago. His arms folded in contemplation of things.

He still couldn't get the image of Jacob almost choking Callum to death out of his mind. Not because he almost killed him, but because of the way him entirely as a person, was different.

The way his eyes glowed and his strength was above average. He wasn't even aware of his own actions and Miguel already knew that it had to do with their child.

Looking over his shoulder, he saw that it was close to midnight. Callum and him were now very busy going to events that neither have ever been invited to before. The only reason being that they all though Callum was holding the Luna.

Only to win favor...and to see their fake behavior only disgusted Miguel even more.

With Callum being asleep, he was able to finally think over his own thoughts. Not that he wasn't able to before. It was just easier to do...in silence.

As he stood looking at the flowers, he wondered how long this would go on for. Pretending that he was engaged to Callum, pretending to be having a child with him, wasting his time...pretending entirely.

All he wanted to do was not pretend. To not be embarrassing for Jacob. Because he actually could admit with full certainty that it was Jacob he wanted. It was him that he desired...that he didn't want to lose.

With the baby, or not. That feeling of wanting him...was there even before their creation.

Suddenly, he hears a knock on the front door. His eyes narrowing upon it because there was no reason as to why someone should've been knocking this late.

Except he allowed himself to get to the door, and he just stood in front of it. Not saying a word just yet as he waited to see if he'd hear anything. When he didn't, he opened the door only to gasp at what he saw.

"Carter?"

Miguel saw Jacob's other brother that he saw the time when he dropped him and his car off that night. He was by himself and looked up at Miguel in worry...

"Yes, I know I'm here really late, but it's about Jacob."

"Jacob? What's wrong with him?"

Carter looked at Miguel for some time, wondering if he should even tell him this. Only to sigh as he decided to just go through with it.

"I don't know, he went out and he wanted me to tell you he was doing so. This is so freaking weird! I...I thought you were engaged? Why would he be telling this to you? Didn't you two cut ties?" Carter questioned Miguel since he didn't know the real truth.

In his eyes, he believed Miguel cheated. That's why they were no longer engaged. Not knowing the full on extent to anything.

"I am engaged," Miguel answered him, smirking as he looked into his eyes, "So what?"

Instantly Carter felt his face grow hot under his stare, looking away quickly.

"You can do with that as you must. I don't know what he's going to do...but I think you can assume." Carter looked back at Miguel who just looked amused. "He's at that bar...down the block from 'the place you both know of'... That's literally what he said."

He wondered...if Miguel was seeing what was really at hand here.

"Okay then." Miguel says to him, nodding at Carter who's blush was giving him away. Only to go into his house as he grabbed his coat and keys. Going out the front door and to his car, nodding for Carter to follow.