Chapter 17: Dark and Deadly

Russia 

Canada slowly filled in Kazakhstan while I rummaged through the forest. Once Canada had finished explaining the entire story, I stared at him.

"Are you done?" I said sarcastically and he nodded, I looked over at Kazakhstan raising an eyebrow. Why were you spying on us?

"Would you mind going to get us food, we will be here for a while." Kazakhstan looked at me and nodded.

"Give me till morning, and I'll be back. Well, hopefully before morning honestly..." I looked up to see the sun falling down the sky

"Okay, I recommend you start your flight now unless you want to get lost in the dark. Also, Take your birdy pet with you." Kazakhstan looked at me rudely

"Fine." He then spread out his giant wings and shot up into the sky.

"Willow!" He yelled and the blue bird bolted up after him. Kazakh's long tail flayed out with its beautiful golden colors. The flaps of his wings sounded more and more distant as he flew further and further away.

"Okay, now what do we want to do next? Egypt?" Egypt looked to me.

"Russia, I heard someone moving. Two. I can't put a name on them because they are distant, but I know they are here." I smiled.

"Okay, Canada, how is your group going?" Canada Looked away from his siblings and back at me.

"Aussie, you can tell since you are the most useful." Canada's voice trailed with annoyance and was filled with sarcasm. Australia looked over at me

"My animals said that there was a new person in the woods, but there is another that has been there. They say that some weird guy is in the brush, but hasn't gotten up for about a day." Canada looked shocked at Australia and grabbed his shoulder.

"You didn't tell me that!" Canada spoke.

"We must go find them, but some have to stay here. Me, Australia and hmm, New Zealand will go, the other three will stay." Australia jumped up as I spoke, annoyingly excited about going out.

"But they are my siblings I ca-" I shot Canada a look and he quieted down.

"The light is dimming, so, I want you all to stay close, if you are to get lost, run for your life, and don't stop until you get out of the forest. Come on." Australia shivered as I told the two the precautions. New Zealand nodded hesitantly before they both followed me out

"Australia, take the lead and show us the way with your animals." Australia ran in front and started leading us away from the camp. About twelve-ish minutes of walking later he came to a stop.

"Right here." He said pointing down to an unconscious man laid lifelessly in the thorny brush. It was too dark to see the countries face in the spot we were in, so I decided a solution

"Australia, tell your animals to pick him up, we are going to bring him back with us... We will interrogate him when we get back to the fire" Australia nodded and told the creatures surrounding us. They complied with his orders and picked up the tall, limp country.

"Let's head back." I stepped towards the direction from where we came.

When we got back to camp, the fire was burned out, not a single country was in sight. It looked like a ghost camp.

"Aussie?" Canada said from above us.

"Yeah! We are back!" I quickly turned around, looking up at Canada who was in the huge tree above us.

"Put the person down, I'll get the fire started, we will see who he really is." Canada jumped out of the tree, landing on his feet easily.

"Where are Japan and Egypt?" I asked the Canadian country as he started to set up the fire. He looked up at me then pointed up in the next tree.