Chapter 33

Finland

My eyes opened to a darkened forest. The sky was blood red while the grass was smothered in what looked like actual blood. Eyck-.

I lifted myself up, shaking my hands like you would after you've just washed your hands.

I used my shirt to wipe my face, although nothing was on me.

Where am I? I looked around but nothing there gave me any clue to where I actually was.

"Hello? America?" I looked back at my hands again seeing this time that they were shimmery yet see through.

I was obviously in someone's head, at this point I was just hoping it was America's, although if it was, I am very concerned.

I rose to my feet, feeling very woozy as soon as I stood all the way up. The metallic scent of blood stung my nose, making me feel sick the more I breathed.

Let's get this over with as fast as I can... This place looks like hell but worse-.

I took a step forward before stopping. Something is wrong, everywhere I turned looked the exact same, Every step I took felt like I was going nowhere yet somewhere.

I looked around confused, How long have I been here..? The sky didn't change so it was impossible to tell the time.

Only a loud band told me that I needed to keep going in which I did.

As I walked, I could notice a slight change in the forest every couple steps I took, the way the trees bent, the way the grass looked, the way the shadows reached out for me.

The hair on the back of my neck stood on end the more I walked, the more I stayed in this wretched place.

Slowly I made my way into a clearing, nothing out of the ordinary was there or at least that I could see besides for the shadows and the creatures that hid in them, the way the place made me feel on edge and way the trees reached for me, needle sharp thorns begged for the blood of anyone who was dumb enough to walk into them.

Another noise sounded to the left of me, followed by a yell from someone. "I WON'T LET YOU TAKE THEM!" The scream sounded like America, but I made sure not to get my hopes up too much in case it wasn't him.

I crept silently towards the noise, inching closer and closer until the person who was making the noises stopped.

The school was visible through the thick fog that had accumulated over my walk,

Oh,

add that to the list of things that were already off about this place.

As I got closer to the school I saw many- no, all of the students standing in front of the entrance doors, frozen in time.

They were frozen with fear painted on their faces, everyone was there except for me and America.

"America?" I called out once I was standing right in front of the school. I looked around seeing nothing but trees that surrounded the school building.

"Where on earth is this kid?" I muttered to myself when I noticed an explosion in the near distance through some trees.

It wasn't too far away, although it was through some thorny trees.

There! Without thinking, I began to run towards the spawn of the explosion finally getting my hopes up for America to be there.

I burst through some thorny trees which scratched cuts in my skin. The trees led to an open clearing where America stood face to face with another country I had never seen before.