Chapter 54: Stories

No one

The quiet shifting of blankets sounds as a shadowed country arises from his sleep. 

At this time of night, the only source of light comes from the moon which was high up in the sky, in fact it is almost trailing down the sky.

Another country lies asleep, he looked as if he had been watching the sky in his final moments of consciousness.

The awoken country carefully slid the many blankets off of his lap and stands up, sweat droplets drip down his chin, and fear sets into his eyes he was shaken to the core, one could tell with a simple look that something had happened in his dream.

He glanced over at his fellow sleeping country, noting to stay quiet. The unconscious country softly snores in his calm state of mind, the other carefully picks up his foot, withdrawing his phone from his pocket, the light lit up his face, revealing his blue, white, and red crossed flag.

Iceland.

Iceland held his breath as he made his way towards the kitchen, his heart raced and his mind ran circles, he could just barely focus on what he was trying to do, let alone being quiet.

"Iceland..." Poland murmured, his consciousness barely with him. Iceland straightened his back and turned towards Poland who shifted.

"Shhh, go back to sleep, Poland" He quietly soothed Poland who fell back into a restful sleep. Iceland continued his trek towards the kitchen, he let out a quiet sigh as he wiped tears from his eyes.

Iceland stepped into the kitchen, he walked over to a specific drawer and pulled it open, he rambled around the drawer until he found a white and orange pill bottle with no label.

"Are these mine?" Iceland opened the bottle cap, he poured out the pills into his hand, about five of them. They were small and round white pills, he recognized these and smiled. These are mine... He carefully counted each pill with the side effects on his mind.

One to stop the pain, two to stop the feelings, and three to clear my mind... No more than four... Iceland stared at the five pills in his hand, he closed his hand and swallowed his fear.

Iceland reached for a bottle of water, he uncapped the bottle, and sipped some into his mouth, he then placed three pills into his mouth, swallowing them with the water.

Iceland looked down and the two other pills in his hand. It can't hurt. Iceland quickly shot more water into his mouth and then the other pills, swallowing them almost instantly.

He screwed the cap back on both bottles, placing the pill bottle back into the drawer and the water bottle on the counter.

Iceland walked over to his table and sat down in a chair, he intertwined his fingers and stared at them, his thoughts bouncing all over the place.

"Iceland... what are you doing up?" Poland's voice sounded from the living room, concern laced his voice and covered his face, he stared directly at Iceland who turned around to look at him.

"What are you doing awake?" Sweat dripped down his chin, he obviously was sick or something, no normal person would be sweating this much in a normal temperature room.

"Iceland you are not okay..." Iceland turned away, his eyes partially opened as exhaustion wiped over his face. Poland walked over to Iceland and sat down next to him, he placed his hand on Iceland's head and sighed.

"Yeah... That is what I thought." Iceland wearily looked over at Poland who had a dimmed frown on his face. Both countries looked exhausted, but Iceland had rings under his eyes, even though he had been in a coma for weeks, it looked as if he hadn't slept in years.