Chapter 22: Shadows

Kazakhstan 

"Do we trust Germany?" I asked the group of quiet countries, genuinely interested.

"I do!" America Blurted out half awake-ish. Hah, poor America, such an adorable country.

"I can trust him." Egypt spoke this time. He was honorably blunt with everything he said which could urk a few people in some moments. He held his cane in his left hand, leaning on it slightly.

"I don't have a fully judged opinion yet." Japan said in an unapologetic voice. I looked at the three of them then at Russia who was off in the kitchen by himself.

"I don't trust him. Either he gains my trust, or he doesn't. He doesn't fear me because I don't have a power. That will change." Russia spoke coldly yet there was no trace of anger or annoyance in his voice, it was unnerving.

"What about you, Kazakhstan?" Egypt asked, looking up at me. I looked over at him for a moment, his golden colored eyes intriguing me.

The way his hat-like thing shaped around his head, making him look more intimidating.

He wasn't the strongest, nor the smartest, but his knowledge of what could happen next made him hard to defeat, adding to that, the smarts and the strength he did have made him close to impossible to win against.

I looked at the marking on his left eye. It looked like someone took a sharpie to his eye, but it added a sort of sinister look to his formal appearance.

"Kazakhstan?" I quickly snapped out of the trans I was in by Japan's annoyed voice.

"What- Yes?" Egypt smiled and laughed a little in a kind way.

"Do you trust Germany?" He asked again and I nodded,

"Somewhat.." I spoke, taking notice to Egypts sharp canine teeth. Why are his teeth so sharp? Russia let out a scoff

"You guys trust too easily." He snarled, getting up and walking towards his room. I unfolded my wings for a moment, letting them drag down to the floor. When I looked back at the three countries, Egypt was also missing. Suddenly I felt someone lift up my wings, I turned around to see Egypt grabbing on one of my wings, and he let go of the other

"HEY!" I yelped, startled at the sudden touch of this country.

"Sorry! I just wanted to touch one, it's so interesting!" He quickly backed up, letting my other wing drop to the ground.

"It's okay..." I said to him nervously as my wings twitched out the touch.

"Yeah... Anyways, we should start heading home. It's late and Russia is probably grumpy." I snickered.

"That's the last place you want to be, in a room with a grumpy Russia." I laughed as I heard Russia yell out of his room.

"That's my calling to leave!" I whisper-yelled while walking out the door.

"I'll see you guys later!" My wings dragged along the floor as I ran towards the entrance of the school.

When I went outside of the school I looked around and started to search for an open ground. Soon I found just that, I spread out my wings out as far as I could and let the wind wisp through them.

"Aaahhhhhh" The warmth of the night spread throughout my body as I looked u towards the sky

"I see you are experiencing the night eh?" A voice spoke from behind me. I quickly tightened my wings to my back and turned around to see Germany standing there, a beautiful white dog-like creature stood next to him.

"Germany? What are you doing here?" Germany watched me, his red eyes glew for some reason.

"I don't have a reason to be here, I just slept and woke up, then started exploring the earth when I saw you here." As I watched Germany he started turning gray.

"Germany, what is wrong with you?" I asked sincerely. He looked at himself then back at me.

"I'm going to try something... If I start becoming something... outrageous.. Stop me." I opened my mouth to speak before closing it. Germany nodded before he became shadowed, dark creepy wings shot out from his back and his face grew into a sort of snout.

"Kazakhstan, am I okay?" He questioned and I nodded, looking at him. Perhaps I should step back..? His red eyes glew like the sun, and his teeth as sharp as razors.

"You are yourself, correct?" He nodded at the question, looking down at his shadowy hands.

"Try turning back into a country." I said and he looked at me. Suddenly he let out a snarl

"GAH!" he cried out in pain. His body violently shook as it shifted back to its normal color. Once he was himself, Germany fell to the ground.

"That... That hurt!" He quickly laughed off the pain. Jade looked at Germany, its tail puffed up. I looked at her then at Germany. Jade quickly yipped, her attention taken away by a moving shadow. Jade ran by me, while Germany whispered something through her

"Somethings wrong..." He whispered, suddenly summoning many shadow ground creatures. I quickly lifted my wings ready to fly. Tail, Tail, Tail, Tail, Tail! I felt the feathery feeling of my tail on my legs. I quickly took off, my legs becoming talons as I dove down and grabbed Jade before flying away.

"It's been a minute since I've had the feeling of wind in my wings!" I spoke to Jade who was flying next to me. My hair waved back and forth in the wind

"Come on, Jade lets do a couple tricks together while Germany's being... yeahhh.." I encouraged her, and she yipped. I quickly pivoted around in a circle before doing a loop, snapping my wings shut soon afterwards. I dove until I saw land then when Jade's white fur flashed into view I quickly extended my wings, flying upward. Let's see what you can do. Without saying anything I curved my wings into a circle, Free Falling backwards as Jade quickly swooped through my circled wings which made me Laugh.

I spread my wings and shot back up, laying horizontally with my stomach down, I could feel Jade's paws land on my back and my weight increase as she did so.

"Hah! Nice one, Jade!" She barked as I curved my wings like a parachute.

"Hey you can come back now" Germany said through Jade, sooner than I had expected and shattering the mood.

"Okay... Come on Jade'' I said, diving back towards the school. Within a thousand feet of the ground, I put out my wings, not flapping them in order to glide down slowly. By the time I made it to Germany he had begun to walk towards the school.

"I should go get some sleep." I spoke as I landed, almost immediately stepping a talon towards the forest. Germany nodded and started to walk off without any more talk.

"I'll see you later, Jade'' Jade looked back at me and whimpered while walking off with Germany. I quickly moved towards the trees, once I got there, I flew up and landed on a sturdy branch. I laid my wings on top of me as a makeshift blanket and slowly drifted to sleep.

I wish I could go to my dorm... but Argentina hates me...

_________________________________

Spell Check(s): 1

1218 words

yeah, this story is oookkkkaaaayyyyyyy

3/31/23 Rewrite:

These rewrites are getting more sloppy, I Imma actually write a chapter!

-Ace