Chapter 60; No One Wins

(Authors note; this chapter- my goal was to make this many chapters. You don't get it, Two ish years and this book has finally reached 60 chapters, thank you... thank you so much.

Now pack you a snack and a drink, get comfy this chapters a bit shorter than the last one, even though it was planned to only have 5k words)

Something is wrong. I opened my eyes, instantly being flooded with a bright white light. My eyes burned as the light only seemed to grow brighter.

Where am I? What is going on-? I placed my hand over my eyes, shielding away the glow. I scanned my surroundings, coming to the conclusion that I was lost in some kind of white void.

"Hello?" I hoarsely spoke, my body still aches as if my skin had been peeled off piece by piece. I brought forward my hands, inspecting them thoroughly, my skin seemed to be perfectly fine.

Rather nervously I lifted my shirt, running my hands over my back and chest. Nothing. My body was perfectly smooth as if I hadn't just been tortured minutes before.

"What the...?" The pain still seemed to shoot through me even though I had confirmed that my body was fine. I let out a long sigh, stretching my wings before realizing something.

I slowly looked over my shoulder, my eyes widening as I noticed my missing limbs. What the fuck-?! I reached my hands and dragged them over my shoulder blades. My wings?! My golden wings were missing, it wasn't like they were reduced to a stump, but as if they were never there.

"No way..." I hissed, dropping my head into my hands and sliding into the fetal position. Where am I..? Why am I missing my wings? I shook my head, trying to cover myself with my non-existent wings.

"What are you doing here so soon?" A quiet yet sophisticated voice sounded. I jumped up, quickly scouring the room for where the voice was coming from. In mere seconds I identified the person, but not the flag.

"Who are you-?" I choked out, grabbing onto my raspy throat as I did so. The country had on a black suit with golden epaulets and accents, his eyes were a dulled out blue, and from what I could tell he had no pupils. His mouth curved down in a sense of disappointment, while his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. It looked as if he was exhausted with dark bags under his partially closed eyes, that, or maybe he just didn't care.

A silver chain with a diamond cross contradicted his golden coloring as it peaked from behind his collar. I stared quietly admiring the complementing colors to his flag which layered like that of Russia's except his colors were changed. His hair was cut-short and black, just below the black was yellow which then shifted into white.

The country stood rather tall with a hand placed comfortably under his chin in an interesting way. He kept his elegant look as he paused right in front of me, the shingles on his shoulders dinged together as his motion ceased.

A long silent moment passed as he tilted his head a few degrees to the right and washed his eyes up and down me. I stared up at him, trying to figure out who he was and why I was here. Something seemed so off about him, his calm aura had something missing to it as if some piece of evil was shrouded in the dark.

My eyes trailed back to his face, noticing several scars along his chin and an old split in his lip as I locked onto his eyes which were wide open, creepily staring directly at me.

"Kazakhstan..." He murmured, turning to the side and beginning to pace around me, keeping his eyes locked on mine.

"Who are you again?" I winced again as my throat burned like fire. He finally broke the eye contact as he rolled his eyes letting out an annoyed grunt.