Chapter 36

Germany

I took a deep breath as South Korea exited the room. "Germany, what's your problem?!" America took a step forward, as Switzerland hauled Greenland away from me.

Iceland trailed silently after him though he stared at me in hatred. "I'm sorry I just got a little emotional..." I pushed my glasses up my nose as America reached out a hand towards me.

"Here, I'll help you up." I gratefully accepted his polite regards, grabbing his hand and pulling myself up.

"It's alright, it is a confusing time right now, just try and keep your temper while we get the situation figured out!" I looked at America, my head tilted to the side a smidge.

America had his famous smile plastered on his face like an ornament on a tree. I looked over where Greenland sat on the couch with Iceland and Switzerland next to him.

Slowly me and America walked over to them. Their conversation faded out as I got closer.

"Hey, I'm sorry for that, Greenland, you too, Iceland." Iceland looked at me, his goggles resting on his head keeping his fluffy blue and white hair out of his face.

His eyes were crystal blue, but one was slightly duller than the other reminding everyone of the war between us.

"It's alright... I guess..." Iceland's voice was soft and soundly, quite peaceful like wind wisping across an open field. Although I could hear the cold that sprinkled his voice.

Greenland looked at me skeptical. "You sound like one in the forest, yet like one who killed me."

Embarrassment and regret clawed at my face begging to show through. "I am not the one who was in the forest with you when you awoke. But..."

Iceland stared at me, his emotion was barely readable. Pain, hatred, love, regret, failure. All of the emotions that I could read on his face.

"I... I am the uh... The one that uh... K-killed you..." Greenland let out a hum of interest, much less of a reaction than I had expected.

"Why?" I looked at him, my eyes wide. "W-why what?" Iceland smiled at his brother although sadness still showed through his glee filled eyes.

"Why you kill me?" I nodded, worried about my answer. "I killed you because I didn't want to die..." Greenland nodded thoughtfully.

"You know, next time just tell me before you actually kill me." Greenland's sentence came out so perfectly that it shocked me. Had some part of his memory been restored or something? "Greenland... I have a question for you." I looked at the two of them, then at Switzerland who was watching me with an intense stare.

"Yes?" His broken English returned. "Do you remember your brother... at all?"

Greenland looked over towards Iceland when I had finished my question. "Actually.... I do."

He coughed a bit before continuing.

"I remember when we used to play in the ocean together. Hah, in fact the funniest thing is that I love the cold because I grew up in it while Iceland grew up in mainly warmer environments. Although, he never grew up in really warm places, just warmer than mine!"

My jaw dropped at Greenland's memory, not to mention his new ability to speak proper english. It was like his English came in waves of understandment.

"I still have many memory blanks, but I can remember so much more now." Iceland smiled a smile of actual happiness before grabbing onto Greenland in a tight embrace.

Once Upon a Time (A Rusame Story) ~CountryHumans AU~जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें