Chapter 14 : Results

While the teachers were calculating the final scores, all the students were waiting around on the training grounds. Fujin internally laughed while noticing, 'Wow, some of them are so nervous, it's so cute, hahaha. Only the 2 yawning Naras and Teru look calm.'

After adding up the scores and cross-checking, the teachers finally came back, led by Hokage himself. Hiruzen gave another inspiring cum brainwashing speech while praising everyone for their efforts and the display of their talents.

After his speech, Genki walked forward and displayed the results on a board. As Fujin expected, he was the one ranked first.
The scores of the Top 5 were :
Fujin : 100+20+30+44 = 194
Hana : 100+13+29+46 = 188
Teru : 96+12+30+48 = 186
Nobu : 98+13+30+40 = 181
Yori : 95+09+30+42 = 176

Fujin, looking at his rank, was very satisfied. It was as he expected. However, on taking a deeper look and checking the scores in each individual category for him and others, he was a bit shocked, 'Damn! I'm ranked one only due to the leaf concentration competition! If I didn't build a huge lead there, then Hana would have outranked me and Teru would have been tied with me! I didn't expect anyone else to get a 100 in written exams.'

He exhaled a long breath of air in relief, 'I guess I have been incredibly lucky with the marking system of the leaf concentration competition. Chakra control is where I am much superior than these kids from clans.

But sadly for them, their specialties weren't marked in this manner. Yori and Teru could have easily scored much more if the Shuriken competition was made more difficult. Similarly, they'd have been much superior than everyone if Ninjutsu was tested. After all, Fireball jutsu is a rank C jutsu.

I am sure Genki would have noticed this too. So next year, the marking scheme might be different. Perhaps other exams would be marked similar to the best scorer as well.'

He concluded his thoughts with, 'Even though I ranked first, I still have much to work on. I shouldn't slack off. Instead, I should be intensifying my training. I'm sure these guys would be trained hard by their clans during the vacation.'

After coming out of his thoughts, he noticed those around him. He noticed that Hana and Teru were looking at him with very aggrieved looks. As if he had done them a huge injustice. After a second he realised, that they were probably mad due to the results of the leaf concentration competition. He just decided to ignore them.

After displaying the results, Hiruzen wanted Genki to announce the prize. However, after looking at Genki, Hiruzen felt as if Genki was looking very grumpy. He began to guess what made him so irritated. Wondering if he could get to hear an interesting story. He decided to ask him later.

Genki was really irritated. He thought, 'This brat! For 10 fucking months he didn't answer a single question in class. Always seemed half distracted. Who knows what the fuck he does with his left hand always under his desk. The one time I tried to check, all I found was a lot of soil under his desk! And now he scores a perfect 100 on written exams? Don't tell me that after he goes home, all he does is study.'

Right then he felt like the Hokage was looking at him. Seeing Hokage looking at him, he understood what Hokage wanted and quickly announced, "Alright everyone, be silent for a while."

After getting the class's attention, he continued "As I had told you guys on the first day, Lord Hokage would come here to watch your performance. However, there's an additional reward for the one who scores the highest in this exam. The best student can ask Lord Hokage for a reward."

On hearing this, the civilian kids were surprised. While the kids from clans seem to already know this. Genki announced loudly, "Suzuki Fujin, step forward."