Chapter 33 : I Really am a Ninja!

After having Hokage's word to treat his mother, Rei stepped back. Mieko then stepped forward and said, "Lord Hokage, I don't want any reward." This surprised everyone. Even Hiruzen was surprised, but he hid it and calmly analyzed, 'Is this a way the Uchiha are retaliating for their constant monitoring?' He then tried to convince her a couple of times, but she declined to get any reward. Hiruzen sighed and looked over at Fujin and thought, 'The Uchiha matter makes me feel my age. Well at least he should have a reasonable request. This day should end properly.'

Fujin on the other hand was dumbfounded by both his fellow 'toppers'. He thought, 'What the fuck? One begs for his mother's life, and the other refuses to accept any reward? Why do they wanna make my life harder?' He then calmed himself and muttered to himself, 'Sigh whatever. It doesn't matter. The Dao of Shamelessness must live on!'

He steeled himself and stepped forward. He put up a smile and an excited expression while thinking, 'This is it. For this moment I carried 2 swords in person for 5 whole months!' He then said, "Lord Hokage. For my reward, I want two swords made entirely of chakra metal." He then looked at the Hokage with excited and hopeful expression while hoping that somehow his eyes sparkled like in anime.

Majority of the students weren't aware of chakra metal. However almost every teacher knew it. And they were absolutely shocked by the request! Genki, who was standing close by, had his jaw dropped after hearing what Fujin said. If Fujin had seen him, he would be sure that he could fit an egg in Genki's mouth. Kakashi's eyebrows twitched at request. He thought, 'Talk about extravagant! Even my father's blade wasn't entirely made of chakra metal.'

The one who was shocked the most however, was Hiruzen. Despite wearing the Hokage's hat and having excellent control over his emotions, Fujin could still see his shock. Of course he totally ignored it. He thought, 'Whether Hiruzen is happy, or so shocked that he dies of a heart attack is none of my business. Hmm, WAIT!! If he dies right now, then it'd be very bad. But..... Yeah, I don't think just this much shock would be enough to kill this old freak. He did live through 3 brutal wars without even taking a single major injury!'

Hiruzen's mind went totally blank for a second. He then thought, 'Made entirely of chakra metal? Even the ones they sell in Konoha only have around 15% chakra metal. Rest is made of other common materials. The last time someone made a sword entirely of chakra metal was when Sensei commissioned to cast that sword. And it cost well over a hundred million Ryo to make that sword! Of course, this kid is probably not aware of that fact, and I could fool him, but that's still worth tens of millions of Ryo!'

He then looked at Genki to see if he knew what's going on, however he was clearly shocked too. In fact, he didn't even notice the Hokage looking at him.

Hiruzen thought, 'Now what to do? I can't directly say no. That would be too demotivating. Also it won't look good for me to deny him. If I do, I'm 100% sure that Danzo will spread rumors saying that the Hokage lies to academy students.' Hiruzen thought hard for another few seconds and came up with a reasonable excuse. Seeing that Hiruzen was ready to talk, Kakashi noticed and chuckled internally, 'It took Lord Hokage 13 seconds to answer. That kid sure is something.'

Hiruzen finally sighed and said, "Sadly I can give you what you want because no one makes swords made entirely of chakra metal."

Fujin wasn't aware of the fact that chakra blades weren't entirely made of chakra metal and thought that Hiruzen is just making an excuse. He showed a dejected expression and said, "A couple of Tanto made of chakra metal then?"

Kakashi's eyebrows twitched again at Fujin's new request. He did struggle to keep his laughter in after seeing Hiruzen's expression. Genki, on the other hand, was even more shocked.