Chapter 27 : Kenjutsu

From the next day, Fujin restarted his Fuinjutsu practice by leaving a clone back home. He hadn't practiced it much in the last 2 months as he couldn't leave clones behind when he did Ninjutsu training. He still had a few basic seals to learn. Fujin guessed that it'll take another 2-3 months to be done with them. Then he could move on the next scroll.

One dilemma he had was whether he should leave one or two shadow clones back home? Since the time he had started to practice shadow clones, his chakra had grown to over 3 times. According to the scroll, if a shadow clone could use two thirds of its chakra before dispelling, only then it is considered a proper shadow clone. According to that logic, Fujin could make only 1 proper shadow clone. However, practicing Fuinjutsu for 7 hours didn't require that much chakra. So he could leave 2 shadow clones if he wanted to. On analyzing, he decided, 'For now let's just leave 1 clone. I'll see how the academy goes for the first week and then decide.'

The day after that, Genki handed Fujin the scroll for Great Breakthrough jutsu. Fujin started learning it the very same day. It was very similar to Breakthrough jutsu. Just had a lot more power. He managed to learn it on the very same day. Though there was still a lot of room for improvement. The power had to be increased a lot, and hand signs had to be reduced to zero. He recalled, 'I remember Orochimaru making a mess of the forest in the chuunin exams with this jutsu. So there's a lot more I need to do to increase in power. But at least this jutsu is learnt. I'll keep the scroll with me for 3 weeks, and then return it to Genki.'

Later in that week, Genki checked everyone's affinity. Unsurprisingly, most had the Fire affinity. The remaining were split between the Earth and Water affinities. No one had the Lightning affinity, and Fujin, who's affinity was already known, was the only one to have the Wind affinity.

Genki also explained the jutsus to the class. The lightning one basically just formed strings of lightning that could shock anyone it touched. But it lacked power and was pretty harmless overall. The water one involved spitting out one small jet of water.

Fire Release : One jutsu however surprised the whole class. While it was a simple jutsu that involved producing a heat ray with one finger, it was the most basic jutsu from a set of six jutsus. Each of the six jutsus built up on one another and the last one, was a very powerful Rank A jutsu.

This information got Fujin very interested in the technique. Right now, he had the knowledge of only 1 rank A jutsu. Having another he could learn would increase his fire power a lot. However, he controlled his desire for the jutsu due to 2 reasons. He hadn't yet trained his fire nature, and this jutsu didn't seem like it could be enhanced with his wind release jutsus.

In all, the 5 jutsus could be used alongside the basic skills Genki had taught. Fire Release : One jutsu could start fires. Fish Spit jutsu could douse it. Gale jutsu could cover tracks. Rock Shield jutsu could defend and create a cover to hide. And Static String jutsu could paralyze small animals for a minute or two. So they were pretty handy.

Next week, Genki announced, "Today we will be learning about swordsmanship. I have invited a guest teacher to guide you."

Genki had thought about this after Fujin asked him to teach him how to use swords. He concluded, 'Swordplay training can be done by everyone. So it won't be fair to only arrange it for Fujin. If someone of the 30 students have innate talent for swordsmanship, then it'll be a good find. Even if no one has interest in it, just learning how to use another weapon would be helpful for them. I'll just talk to Lord Hokage and try and arrange someone for this job.'

Fujin was surprised by the announcement, but on thinking more, he realized that it was very reasonable.

Everyone went to the academy training grounds. On entering, they saw Genki talking with a tall, muscular guy who carried one sword on him. Genki introduced him, "He will be teaching you how to use swords. His name is Nakaya Michi. He is a chuunin like me."