Chapter 157 : Castle Defense

[A/N: Hey guys. I am giving up on the Wattpad mobile app. I am still not able to write chapters due to bug that immediately crashes the app. I have written to the support and they haven't been able to fix this. I will be uploading chapters here from my computer from now on. However, I won't be able to upload daily (I'll upload around 7 chapters in one day and then none for the remaining week or so). If anyone wants to read ahead or read on a daily basis, then you can read on Webnovel or Fanfiction. I uploaded chapter 255 on those apps today. Of course, you could also read ahead and support me at the same time on Patreon. I am on Chapter 310 there. Regardless of where you read, I hope you enjoy my work :-)]

Fujin entered the lowest floor in the basement. He extended his palm and looked at it. Chakra began spinning in his palm taking a circular shape.

Fujin decided, 'It's been a long time since I practiced this jutsu. In fact, I haven't practiced it since I graduated from the academy!'

Fujin began practicing the Rasengan. With all the seals he inscribed, he was no longer worried about anyone seeing this. He was able to form the Rasengan properly, though it was a bit slower.

He continued his training using different methods. He initially tried decreasing the time needed to form it as much as he could. When he couldn't decrease it any further, he began trying to form the Rasengan while running.

After training for 2 days, Fujin managed to improve his control over Rasengan considerably. He was able to form a proper sphere. And he improved the speed of creating the Rasengan by a huge degree! He could now create a Rasengan in fractions of a second and while moving around freely and even while running on walls or ceilings.

A smile formed on Fujin's face as he watched the Rasengan. He thought, 'Great. Rasengan has been mastered to a sufficient degree! Though I should still test it out in mock battles. More importantly, I can prepare for Rasenshuriken when I'm ready. That's an S rank jutsu that no living ninja would like to get hit by.'

Fujin played with the ball of chakra in his hand as he thought, 'That said, it's best to never use this jutsu. Aside from the trouble of explaining how I learnt this, there is also the issue of its effectiveness. A sword with wind chakra flow will be far more dangerous in most scenarios.

The only time a Rasengan could be more effective is when I'm clashing head-on against another strong jutsu. But, considering the high-speed nature of my fights until now, such clashes are almost non-existent.

A giant Rasengan could be more effective, but it'll consume a lot of chakra. So again, it won't be worth it until I can find a way to significantly increase my chakra reserves.'

After observing the Rasengan properly, Fujin dispersed it and his clone and began training again. Since he already had formed a Rasengan properly, he was progressing rapidly.

Fujin's next mission with Tamotsu and the rest was uneventful once again. It was a protection mission again and they didn't even encounter any ninjas.

After the mission, Fujin returned to training in his basement. Around him, there were multiple metal mannequin dummies. He had bought them to test his jutsus.

Fujin created a Rasengan, stepped forward and smashed the Rasengan into a dummy.

The Rasengan sank into its abdomen creating a hole in it. Soon, it exploded and blasted the dummy, sending its pieces flying across the basement.

Fujin grinned, 'Excellent power! Now I need to test it in mock battles.'

Fujin made a hand sign and a Shadow Clone popped next to him. Both moved away from each other. Fujin began creating the Rasengan and charged at his clone at the same time. Meanwhile, the clone attacked Fujin with wooden shurikens and Wind Explosion spheres to keep him away. And, it also moved away from him whenever Fujin managed to close the distance between them.