Chapter 71 : First Real Battle

While Renjiro cleared up the rear, Fujin, Hoka, and Mieko made a move on the injured ninjas.

Of the 15 ninjas from the first wave, only 6 were alive, with just 1 Chunin being in a state to fight. They were terrified by their wounds and were running towards the forest.

And of the 10 ninjas from the 2nd wave, only 2 had jumped high up in the air, and hence were on top of the ruined forest. The remaining 8 ninjas, though unharmed, were buried under a ruined forest. 

Hoka activated his Byakugan and said, "Those 8 ninjas are trapped, they'll need some time to get out. Let's attack." 

In an instant, all 3 flickered toward the retreating ninjas. Mieko flickered behind the Chunin who could still fight and tried stabbing him with a kunai. However, he turned around and defended himself in time. 

He shouted aggressively, "I may be injured, but don't you brats look down on me!" However, his thoughts were the exact opposite, 'Just one opportunity! I'll regroup with others and be safe.' 

Unfortunately for him, while shouting, he looked into Mieko's eyes. Mieko didn't miss the chance and cast Genjutsu on him.

Hoka engaged the blinded Chunin. That chunin had lost his sight, and his right leg was badly cut. However, even in that state, he still aggressively attacked Hoka with every weapon he had. This fightback was a testimony to his experience and desperation. 

Hoka, however, stayed calm and took his stance. He said, "You are in range." And attacked, 'Eight Trigrams - Sixteen palms'. 

All of Hoka's attacks hit on point, with the last one hitting his opponent's chest and stopping his heart. That chunin dropped dead. 

Unlike Mieko and Hoka, Fujin went for the weakest ones first. He flickered behind the 2 blinded genins and killed them both with one strike of his sword. He quickly flickered to the remaining 2 genins one by one and killed them as well. Neither of the 4 could even block one attack from Fujin. Just one of those 4 managed to raise his kunai to block Fujin's sword, but his kunai got cut into two, just like his body.

Of the 2 Ninjas who were above the debris, 1 was Chunin, while the other was genin. They were still fearful of that sword slash that wrecked the forest as well as of the Rock Avalanche. So they didn't react when the three kids they were looking at flickered.

When they noticed, the Chunin quickly moved to aid his comrades. But even before he took a couple of steps, Fujin had killed 2 of them. That halted his steps. In the next few seconds, he saw Fujin kill 2 more and look straight at him. 

He quickly retreated behind thinking, 'What a bunch of crazy kids! Are they even kids? Did Konoha send their feared Anbu under disguise?' He looked down at the debris and screamed internally, 'Where are the rest? Get out quickly!' The genin also retreated. 

Fujin stayed back after killing his opponents. Around half a minute later, Hoka killed his opponent. And soon after, Mieko's opponent stabbed his own throat. 

Fujin flickered next to Mieko right after she was free and said, "Let's do it." She nodded and made a few hand signs. 

'Fire-Wind Dragon Jutsu'

Both Fujin and Mieko could see the chakra of the ninjas making their way to get out of the debris. A 50 meter huge dragon, mostly made of extremely hot air and having 4 claws and many teeth made of fire. 

Seeing that dragon, those 2 began running even faster toward the 3rd wave. 

The Dragon moved rapidly and got above the debris. It then dived down right where 6 ninjas were making their way up. They were just about to remove the last log blocking their way when the Dragon dived down right at them.