Chapter 23 : The First Deal

Over the next few days, he had his shadow clone spy on the shopkeeper. Genki's training for stealth was really helpful during this period. His name was Ging. He was probably in his 40s. The clone observed his actions, his movements to see whether he is a hidden ninja. He had already tried to sense his chakra, it was merely civilian level. Fujin wondered if at some point in the past, Konoha conducted a drive to unlock chakra of a lot of people. He also observed his dealing with other customers, where he keeps his inventory, where he keeps his cash and so on.

The spying was quite successful as on one lucky instance, he heard Ging bargaining with his supplier on the price of some of the items. On hearing them talk, he understood that the supplier sold an Explosion tag to him for 500 Ryo and Storage Scroll for 1,200 each, while he sold the storage scroll for 1,500 Ryo and the Explosion tags for 750 Ryo to his customers.

After being sure that he was a safe target, he sent his shadow clone with the 5 scrolls. His clone took the appearance of a middle-aged man and approached Ging when no one was in his shop. On seeing him approach, Ging put up a kind smile and said, "Hello, what do you want to buy?"

Fujin's clone replied, "Hello, I'm not here to buy, but to sell."

Hearing that, Ging was quite surprised. He raised an eyebrow and asked, "Sell? Who are you?"

Fujin's clone replied, "You can call me Zoro."

Ging noticed the fact that the man in front of him asked him to call that. He then asked, "What do you want to sell?"

Fujin's clone paused for a moment, and stared in his eyes. He then said, "Storage Scrolls"

Ging, trying to gain an upper hand in any negotiations, said dismissively "I already have 3 suppliers for storage scrolls, why should I buy from you?"

Fujin's clone smirked and replied, "Because my scrolls are better"

That statement got Ging interested. He asked, "How? And I'll inspect your scroll first before buying from you."

Fujin's clone maintained his smirk and replied, "Suit yourself" and handed him a scroll. Ging took the scroll and invited him to a room inside the shop. On the way, he asked "So what's the name of your company and who is the person in-charge of it?" However, he was dismissively answered with "You don't need to concern yourself with it." Hearing that Ging thought, 'Oh, a secret organisation? So either he is someone who doesn't want anyone to know that he can make storage scrolls, or he has a secret organisation behind him which probably does some shady work. Hehe, I'll make a ton of profits from this sheep!'

On reaching the room, Ging started inspecting the scroll. Fujin clone's claim wasn't empty. A standard storage scroll has 10 storage seals in it. However the one he made had 12 seals in it. When he saw Ging inspecting the scroll, Fujin's clone thought, 'It isn't difficult to make 12 seals in a single scroll. You just have to draw the seals closer to each other. Actually, if anyone wants to make an optimal storage scroll while keeping the size of the scroll the same, then he could make 25 seals in the scroll. However, for the ones who mass produce these seals 10 is the optimal number. The reason is that many buyers don't need more than 10 seals in a scroll. And for the ones who want more, the producers would profit more if they bought more scrolls. It also resulted in less effort needed to make the scroll. So it had become an optimal number for them to make maximum profits. However, I don't have any such restrictions. I just want to make some money to continue practicing Fuinjutsu.'

On looking at the number of seals in the scroll, Ging had similar thoughts. However, he could also think even further than Fujin as he had a lot more experience and information. He analyzed, 'While just having 2 more seals might not seem such a big deal to normal people, but I know the ninjas who want to buy scrolls having more storage seals in them. Just last week one jounin was talking about the convenience of having a storage scroll with more seals. I can sell this scroll to him for a much higher price. Probably even over 2,000 Ryo.'