Chapter 186 : Concluding the Mission

The Konoha ninjas rested for 6 hours. Everyone recovered most of their chakra. During this period, Mieko and Shunko's wounds were healed twice more. The wounds that could be seen were all healed. Only the internal wounds remained as no one had the expertise to deal with them.

When everyone was well rested, Akihiko said, "Work with Sora to get all the children out. I will contact Hiroshi."

He left the underground barrier. And opened a scroll and led it on the ground and made a hand seal.

At the next moment, a man was summoned. He opened his eyes and looked at Akihiko and asked, "Are the children safe?"

The man was a clone of Hiroshi, the leader of Kusagakure.

Akihiko nodded, "They are. But we are very far away from any village. You'll have to call your forces here to escort them safely."

Hiroshi nodded and handed Akihiko 6 scrolls and said, "You can summon them. They will make the arrangements."

Akihiko took the scrolls. He was about to summon them when Hiroshi's clone bowed deeply and clasped his hands together in front of him as he expressed his thanks. "Akihiko-san," he said, his voice full of emotion, "I cannot express how grateful I and the entire Kusagakure are for what you have done. We will never forget it."

He stayed bowed for a few moments longer, his head lowered as a sign of respect and gratitude, before straightening up and looking at Akihiko with a deep sense of appreciation. Akihiko nodded and said, "It's fine. We too don't want to see young children having to suffer. I am glad that they are safe."

Hiroshi's clone smiled. Akihiko opened the 6 scrolls and activated them. 6 Jounins of Kusagakure appeared. Hiroshi's clone instructed them to follow Akihiko's instructions and asked them to arrange for the children to be sent back.

All 6 Jounins used whatever means they had to send messages to the villages from where the children went missing. When the villages got the messages, they immediately sent their forces out to bring the children back.

Meanwhile, Akihiko informed Hiroshi's clone about the Jashinists that kidnapped the children. Hiroshi's face grew grim after hearing how strong and numerous the enemies were. He upgraded the Mission rank to S.

Akihiko passed a few scrolls to Hiroshi's clone and said, "These contain dead bodies of kidnappers. You can use them to placate any anger towards you."

Hiroshi accepted the scrolls and thanked him again.

In the barrier, the Konoha ninjas made a tunnel to exit underground. Haru cancelled his Genjutsu. The kids began waking up. The Konoha ninjas brought them out of the underground.

They left the kids in the care of the 6 Jounins and just stayed around to ensure that nothing unexpected happened. One of the 6 Jounins had brought a lot of food materials. They cooked a delicious lunch for the kids to calm them down. The Jounins also checked every child and verified whether every child was present. They sighed in relief after verifying that all children were safe and present.

After a few hours, Kusagakure ninjas sent by the villages began arriving in groups. They took the children from their villages and left after thanking Konoha ninjas. After the last group left, Hiroshi's clone handed Akihiko the mission rewards for the upgraded rank. He thanked Akihiko once again and handed a scroll to one of his jounins with all the details of his talks with Akihiko before dispersing into a rock.

The Konoha ninjas left. Shunko and Mieko were having trouble moving at full speed. So Genji and Haru carried them on their backs respectively. After a day's travel, the group returned to Konoha.