Chapter 139 : Formation Nine!

Flashback -

Team Renjiro was about to press on the attack, when Fujin said, "Formation nine!"

The eyes of Renjiro, Mieko and Hoka widened. Formation nine was a code word for a battle tactic that Renjiro had taught them.

It was a tactic used under a specific condition. The condition was that they are facing adversity so strong that they have no chance of victory and a high chance of death!

Renjiro's eyes widened, but he completed his jutsu. Fujin made one shadow clone and poured around 70% of his chakra into it.

Renjiro made three clones and poured 60% chakra into one clone and 5% chakra into each of his remaining 2 clones. The weaker clones used the Transformation jutsu to transform into Hoka and Mieko as neither of them knew the Shadow Clone jutsu.

He followed up with the summoning jutsu to summon the Sloth. All this was done in under 2 seconds while Kakuzu and Kaminari were hiding under the dome. The clones stayed behind while the real ones escaped by flickering continuously.

After escaping for a kilometer, Renjiro made 3 more clones while Fujin made another. A couple of clones transformed into Mieko and Hoka once again and continued escaping forward. While the real team took a different and longer path and left behind no tracks at all!

After splitting, Fujin was breathing hard. He had lost most of his chakra to the clones. Since he planned to end with Shadow Explosion jutsu, his clones won't return any chakra.

After moving for a bit, Mieko asked seriously, "Why did you say formation nine? Who were those guys?"
Fujin didn't reply and tapped one of the pockets of his flak jacket. A scroll dropped. Fujin opened it and summoned a bottle.

Everyone watched as a bottle of Soldier pills appeared in Fujin's hands. Fujin opened and consumed a pill. He looked at Renjiro and asked, "Do you want one as well, Sensei?"

Renjiro nodded and took a pill. Fujin kept the bottle back and answered, "The masked man is Kakuzu. I read his information in the Bingo book. He is, or rather was, an S rank ninja!"

This information surprised them. Especially Renjiro who knew the information of all S rank ninjas. Renjiro asked, "What do you mean by 'was'?"

Fujin answered, "According to the information, he was sent by Takigakure to assassinate Lord First Hokage. But he failed and was presumed dead. However, somehow, he managed to make it alive and returned to his village. After returning, he revolted against his village and became a rogue ninja. He was never seen again. I guess everyone assumed that he died and hence he isn't put in the shorter Bingo books."

The explanation shocked them. But soon, they became skeptical. Mieko said, "The first Hokage lived a looooonnnnnggg time ago! How would that guy still be alive if he fought back then?"
Mieko purposefully stretched the word 'long' while speaking to tease Fujin.

Even Renjiro was doubtful of this information. How could someone that old look so young?

Fujin shrugged and said, "We will get the information when our clones are dispelled. If you have the bigger Bingo book, you are free to check."

He looked at Mieko with a smirk on his face and said, "If you want to go back to check with your own eyes, then good luck. I'll be sure to offer flowers to your grave, haha."

Renjiro instantly shut him up, "Don't joke about such things. Anyways, fighting them wasn't a part of our mission. So there is no need to risk our lives against enemies we don't have information about."

Fujin looked at Hoka and asked, "Hoka, you said his body was disgusting. What did you see?"

Hoka answered, "Instead of nerves and blood vessels, his body seems to be made of threads. And he had 5 hearts in his body!"