Chapter 160 : Future Daimyo's Invitation

[A/N : Hey guys. This chapter is Sponsored by Artjokia. You can thank Artjokia for the Saturday release.]

Konoha chunins retreated to their room after the battle was over.

Tadashi couldn't resist but asked, "Fujin, how did you manage to kill a Jounin?"

Fujin shrugged and said, "He was very weak."

Ryota asked, "He is a Jounin. How can he be weak?"

Fujin chuckled and said, "If he was in my chunin exam, I am sure that he won't even get promoted to Chunin."

Fujin's teammates suddenly had strange expressions. Initially, they assumed that Fujin was being modest. But now, Fujin had implied that the students in his chunin exams were stronger.

Ryota asked, "What do you mean? Didn't he know some sort of secret jutsus?"

Fujin said, "During our fight, he had plenty of opportunities to use jutsus, but he didn't use any. Even in death, he didn't use any jutsu. So most likely, he didn't know any jutsu at all. He just had a very strong survival instinct that allowed him to dodge multiple killing blows. I guess that he was just lucky to never be discovered."

Fujin's answer left them dumbfounded. Tadashi's chin dropped. He exclaimed, "You've got to be kidding me!"

His dog Kenta barked in agreement.

After the moment of disbelief passed, Tamotsu said, "Fujin, about the bounty reward..."

Fujin looked at him and asked, "What about it?"

Before Tamotsu answered, Fujin said, "Oh, we divide the bounty rewards as well, right?"

Tamotsu nodded.

Fujin said, "Alright."

Tamotsu smiled. He was hoping that Fujin would answer this way. If Fujin had refused to share, he would have kicked him out of the team.

He said, "While we do usually share such bounty rewards, all the work was done by you in this case. So you can keep the entire reward. Does anyone else disagree?"

Fujin was surprised to see that no one showed any dissatisfaction. He asked, "Are you guys sure? I don't mind dividing the reward equally."

Fujin really didn't mind. After all, money wasn't much help in this world. The stuff that could aid Fujin in getting stronger, such as the Elemental crystals, couldn't be bought with money. At the very least, it couldn't be bought with just a few million Ryo.

Tamotsu said, "Yup. We are sure."

Fujin didn't insist anymore and just nodded. He thought, 'Wow, never thought an entire group would say no to millions of Ryo. If this was my old world, even the richest person would have said yes without a single thought!

Heck, I'd be worried whether they would plot something when I sleep! So many cases where friends and even family turned on each other just for money despite doing well financially!'

Fujin looked at the smiling faces of his teammates and sighed in his mind, 'How good it'd have been if that Monkey-Fox hybrid was as kind as them!'

The next morning, Daimyo, his family and the guards return to the castle. Saton updates him on all the events. After doing some preparations, they organize a small ceremony and invite the Konoha ninjas.

The Konoha ninjas arrived. The room was big and almost occupied the entire floor. At the center of the room was a long conference table with chairs around it.

Fujin observed carefully. The Daimyo sat at one end with a couple of Samurai bodyguards standing next to him. The Daimyo was very old. In the chairs adjacent to him, a young man and a young girl were sitting. A few more officials sat next to them.