Chapter 77 : The Chunin Exams - Phase 1

A week later, Fujin, Hoka, and Mieko met in front of the academy building. Fujin looked at them and asked, "Prepared guys?" 

Both Hoka and Mieko smirked and replied, "Of course" 

The trio went into the building together. The 1st phase was held in room 301. Fujin wondered, 'Will someone cast a genjutsu on the 2nd floor?' 

However, there was no commotion on the 2nd floor. They entered 301 without any issue. 

On entering the room, they saw hundreds of other genins there. Hoka and Mieko were surprised, while Fujin pretty much expected it. As soon as they entered, they got weird looks from everyone. After all, they were the only 10 year and 9 year old genins here.

The trio didn't bother looking for anyone as none of their classmates were participating. While some other Hyuga and Uchiha were participating, Hoka and Mieko didn't bother looking for anyone. They just grabbed a few empty seats and sat down together. 

The room was very noisy, as one would expect when hundreds of teenagers and preteens were put in the same room.

At the stroke of 9, a bell rang. It rang thrice, quieting the room. At that time, the door of the classroom slowly opened. Everyone's attention was drawn to the door. A sickly man walked into the room. He coughed a few times, as everyone watched with confusion. 

Even Fujin wondered, 'Who is this guy?' 

At that instant, 6 ninjas wearing Konoha chunin vests entered the room carrying a lot of papers. 

The sickly guy coughed again and began saying, "I will be the *cough* Proctor for the 1st *cough* phase." 

Everyone's eyes twitched. The genins from Konoha thought, 'Seriously? They couldn't find anyone else?' 

The genins from other villages wonder, 'Is Konoha in such a dire state that they can't send someone better to hold the exam?' 

Immediately the room was filled with genins whispering or chatting with one another. Some even mocked out loudly. 

At that time, the sickly guy coughed again and said, "Anyone who makes noise *cough* will be thrown out *cough* of the room!" 

As soon as he said that, he released killing intent, targeting each and every genin in the room! That immediately quieted everyone! No one underestimated him anymore. The majority were frightened by his aura. 

Even Fujin, Hoka, and Mieko had grim expressions. Fujin wondered, 'How many did he kill to develop such a killing intent?' 

He continued, "All of you, *cough* sit one on a *cough* bench." 

The entire room rearranged quietly. Occupying one seat each. Since he didn't say anything regarding seating arrangements, everyone sat close to their teammates. 

Once everyone was seated, the chunins began distributing the papers. They kept the blank side up so that the genins couldn't read the questions. 

The sickly guy announced once more, "Don't touch the papers. *cough* At 9:15, you will *cough* turn the papers over." On saying that, he coughed continuously for a minute. 

He then looked up and said, "Each paper has 10 *cough* questions. You have 5 *cough* minutes to answer all *cough* questions. To pass, all *cough* three in a squad *cough* need to score full!" 

That immediately made everyone even tenser. Fujin thought, 'Just 5 minutes? And a 100% score? The only way that would be feasible is if the questions are too easy.'