Chapter 30 : Combat Practice (2)

Fujin began analyzing his spar, 'Well ignoring the ending, the spar went quite well. However, it was mostly a mid range fight. I used Great Breakthrough jutsu and Wind Explosion jutsu for offense, Projectile Control jutsu to control the battlefield, Rock Shield jutsu for defense and Body Flicker jutsu and Earth Military Movement jutsu for dodging. Wind clones was another jutsu that could have been used, but we didn't due to the confusion it'd have created. Other jutsus didn't work in this fight.

Actually, I did try to close the distance, however my clone ensured that we never got to fight in close range as he'd be dispelled with just one hit. So I couldn't use Taijutsu or swords and I never got any opportunity to use Wind Propelling jutsu. And casting Genjutsu in such a high paced battle was just not possible with my current skills.

As for the areas of concern, it's definitely underground battles. I don't have any way to deal with an underground enemy, apart from going underground myself. But I don't have any skill in fighting underground anyways, so that'd be disadvantageous for me. Also punching on the ground to crack it open is incredibly dumb. The enemy underground just gets better access to air!

Apart from that, I also need a stronger offense. I guess I could have sent a kunai through the rock shield, but I couldn't do it with a wooden kunai. Either way, my current Ninjutsu can't crack it.

Also, I need to use Flicker more properly. Both me and my clone at times flickered too faraway. That kind of reset the tempo. I need to be able to estimate the right distance to flicker, so that I can continue my offense right away. I guess that'll take a lot of spars to get it right.'

After analyzing, he summarised 'Alright, in terms of mid-range combat, I surpass most of the genins that took part in the Chuunin Exam in Naruto. Only Gaara would easily beat me and Temari and Shino might be able to compete. My speed is definitely faster than Lee with his weights on. And body flicker is probably on par with his weights off. But body flicker doesn't have the same flexibility, maneuverability or even stamina that his natural speed has.

As for my Ninjustu, Great Breakthrough jutsu and Wind Explosion jutsu are coming along really well. The Earth Release jutsus worked as I thought they would. And I'm really surprised with the high usability that Projectile Control jutsu provided. Though I can only control 8 shurikens max for the time being, it's still incredibly useful.'

He then thought about what improvements he should make, 'To improve power, I think I'd need to learn Fire Release jutsus. After all, I don't have any access to higher rank jutsus for the time being. But me being able to use 3 elements will be very eye catching. I guess I should wait till my genin squad is formed. If one of my teammates is able to use Fire Release, I can leave this for the future. Secondly, I think I should finally start learning Rasengan. And I also need to pack a lot of Explosion tags! I wonder if I could attach an explosion tag to a kunai powered by wind chakra flow. That way I could send a kunai through any defense the enemy put up, and explode the tag when the enemy tries to dodge.

As for flickering distance, it should improve with more spars. And underground combat I'll leave for later on as I don't have access to anything that'll help me combat it. I also need to improve the way I carry my weapons. I should try to inscribe some storage seals on the weapon pouches. Maybe even go a step further and make a wristband with multiple storage seals to get what I want instantly.

Anyways, I also need to test out close range combat and see how it goes.'

He finally stopped analyzing and made another shadow clone. This time the rules were to fight in close range. So Great Breakthrough and Breakthrough jutsus weren't allowed, and staying underground for more than a few seconds also wasn't allowed. Flickering was restricted to 10 metres.