Chapter 73 : Masato Vs Genins

Masato Vs Mieko & Hoka -

While Fujin had engaged the enemy genins, Hoka and Mieko were fighting against Masato.

Masato had dealt with the initial attacks from Mieko and Hoka with extreme ease and even injured Hoka slightly.

Mieko noticed the cut on his chest and asked Hoka without taking her eye off Masato, "Can you still fight?"
Hoka replied, "Of course. Let's attack!"

However, before they could attack, Masato moved forward at a fast speed and swung his sword again.

Mieko took a step ahead and blocked his sword with her kunai. She kept trying to look into his eyes, but he always avoided eye contact with her.

Seeing that Mieko had blocked his sword, Hoka attacked him with Gentle fist once again.
Seeing Hoka attack again, Masato just jumped back and retreated. This time, Hoka didn't chase and stood with Mieko.

Masato observed the two being careful and sighed, 'It's unfortunate that there is so much debris here. I can't use Earth jutsus at all!'

Hoka too couldn't use Earth Release jutsus, but he didn't mind it as he preferred Taijutsu over Ninjutsu.

Masato was about to attack again when he noticed that Fujin was cutting down his genins with ease, 'Tsk. I should help them.'

Mieko and Hoka noticed him getting distracted and attacked him once again. Mieko once again used 'Fire Release : Four jutsu'

Masato quickly dodged but was once again flanked by Hoka. Learning from the past two failed attempts, this time Hoka attacks with a kunai. Masato blocks but Hoka continues his attack with his other hand, trying to seal his chakra points.

Masato uses the force Hoka is putting in his kunai attack to jump back. Before Mieko and Hoka could press on their attack, he ran towards Fujin. But he was quickly attacked by 2 Wind Explosion jutsu by the Wind clone Fujin left to keep an eye on him.

The Wind Explosion wasn't actually targeted at Masato. Instead, the clone launched them in such a way that they would cut off his path. They exploded even before reaching them and threatening him with the winds generated. He had to move back to avoid the winds, leading him back to Mieko and Hoka.

They quickly attacked him, but Masato defended himself again. Only, it was more difficult this time. Mieko finally found an opening, and kicked his stomach, sending him flying behind.

While he was sent flying, Masato thought, 'These kids are strong! Even if I fought only one at a time, I'll have a hard time defeating them without Earth Release!'

Hoka was about to attack again when he noticed Mieko making a few hand signs. He quickly moved out of the way. Masato too noticed the hand signs.

Mieko finished making her hand signs, 'Fireball jutsu'

A huge Fireball moved toward Masato rapidly. Hoka followed the Fireball from the left, 'If he dodges here, I'll get him.'

Masato, noticing Hoka, dodged to the other side. The fireball reached his original location and exploded. Since the debris underneath was mainly wood, it set off another fire. The explosion also sent a lot of burning wood flying in every direction.

Masato, even after dodging, had to use his sword to block a couple of burning logs flying toward him. The smoke and dust created by the explosion and fire engulfed him.

Noticing the opportunity, Mieko threw a few shurikens at Masato. Hoka got back to Mieko's position, as fire blocked his straight route to Masato.

Masato heard the sound of shurikens flying. He quickly jumped to his left, while frowning, 'I need to get out of this smokescreen. Both of them have doujutsu. I'll be severely disadvantaged here.'