Chapter 16 : Second Year

Over the next few days, Fujin experimented with the pressure applied by the seal. He turned 7 years old as well. It took him four days to be able to figure out the amount of pressure he could be under and still complete his workout. It was slightly over 2% of the seal's max capacity. He thought, 'Wow, that's very low! Then again, I'm barely 7 years old now. Anyways, at least my physique should develop faster now.'

His sensor training continued as well. It took him 8 days to finally be able to sense the objects placed around him. Yamanaka Shin was a bit disappointed by the progress, he sighed and thought, '8 days, while it ain't bad, it's not very good either. He probably won't be able to be an exceptional sensor. Though with some work, he could be a decent one. While time is slightly better than the average of other Konoha sensors, it lacks when compared to sensors from my clan. On average, we are able to sense the object on the 7th day, and the more talented ones do it even faster.

Oh well, Konoha does severely lack sensors. Due to the existence of the Hyuga, Aburame, and Inuzuka clans, the village didn't really invest much in training sensors. The majority of Konoha's sensors come from my clan. Having another sensor, even just an average one will be good for the village.'

After that, Shin moved the objects away from Fujin and placed them 4-5 metres away. As the basics were the same and the objects were still in his chakra field, he was able to sense them very quickly in less than half an hour. Shin was surprised by the speed. He moved the objects 7 metres away, and the same thing repeated.

This surprised Shin a lot, 'Well this is surprising. Though on average a Yamanaka senses the objects on the 7th day, sensing after moving it away takes some time, with most going into the 8th day and a few even to the 9th day. I guess he has more talent than I thought.'

Fujin's thoughts were, 'While it did take a long time to detect it, to detect after the increasing range wasn't tough. The principles were the same and the object was still in my chakra field. I guess the next training would be to increase the size of my chakra field.' He sighed slightly thinking, 'I hope the training for it isn't as boring as this one.'

After the training was done, Shin said to Fujin, "Not bad, you have progressed faster than I thought. Over the next 4 days, keep practicing the same at your home, so that you get more comfortable with sensing chakras in your field. I'll be out on a mission, so I won't meet you. Once I return, we will start training to increase the radius of your chakra field."

Fujin thanked him and left. The next couple of months went in a similar manner. The training for increasing the Chakra field included even longer hours of meditation. He had to focus on one point and try to increase the range in that direction. Fujin thought, 'This is gonna take a long time! I guess over the vacation, I should work on being able to train while also keeping my eyes open instead of putting up a blindfold. That way I can train for this in the class too. Otherwise, there will be no hope of continuing this training after the academy restarts.'

Over the vacation, he kept up his physical workouts, which produced great results thanks to the seal. He also trained a lot in the Substitution jutsu. His goal was to reduce the time required to perform it and also reduce the number of required hand signs from five to zero. While he didn't make any progress on reducing the number of hand signs, he was able to perform it much faster, being able to do it in less than a second, though he wasn't sure of the exact time due to having no instruments to measure it.

For clone jutsu, he was able to create 3 clones, which if he recalled correctly, was the requirement for the Genin graduation exam. Transformation jutsu was progressing well too as no one was able to see any issue with him when he was roaming the streets while being transformed into others. But he hadn't yet tested it against someone who knew him.