Chapter 29 : Combat Practice (1)

Fujin started to learn Demonic Illusion : Hell Viewing jutsu. This jutsu was more advanced than the previous one. In its simplest form, it affected the opponent's vision and showed him the view that the caster wanted to show him. Alongside that, the caster also had to affect the opponent to trigger fear and dread. This jutsu could be improved by influencing the opponent's sense of smell and hearing too. Fujin recalled, 'The Genjutsu that Kakashi casted on Sakura, had Sasuke asking her for help. So I guess he controlled her hearing too. I am not sure if he influenced her sense of smell too, then he could have added a stench of blood.'

He began practice for this jutsu. He practiced triggering his clone's fear and dread, and then influencing his sense of sound and smell. It took 7 days to get all these 3 down. He then had to work on creating an illusion, however he hit a roadblock, 'So what exactly am I afraid of?' He thought for a bit, 'The only thing I fear right now is Danzo forcefully inducting me into Root. But even then, it's not something I dread. I guess that's my good luck that I don't have any mental demons.'

He thought more, and then it finally clicked him. He casted the Genjutsu on his clone. His clone allowed the Genjutsu to be cast. Nothing happened for a few seconds, but then the clone saw something. There was a small black dot over the horizon, and it kept getting bigger. He soon noticed what it was and thought, 'Fucking Tailed Beast Bomb???' As soon as he saw it, he felt fear and dread! However, having experienced it for a few days, he understood that Fujin had triggered his fear and dread. The tailed beast bomb hit him and the illusion was over.'

The clone then dispelled himself to pass the memories back to Fujin. Fujin thought, 'That went well. I guess right now, my biggest fear is dying like a cannon fodder, without being able to do anything about it!'

He then thought a bit more about the illusion, 'The illusion was pretty well. However the shape of the Tailed Beast Bomb wasn't stable, that has to be improved. Also the ending was abrupt. While a weaker opponent, like Sakura, might fall unconscious, a hardened ninja would definitely not be unconscious after the illusion. So perhaps it could be expanded further to give me more time to deliver a killing blow. Perhaps after the explosion, I could induce the smell of soil and blood, and maybe show the opponent an image of his own dead body, make them think they died and are now a soul or a ghost for a few seconds!'

He continued working on improving his illusion. It took a week for him to be satisfied with the illusion he created.

After he had learnt those 2 Genjutsu, less than 3 months were left for final exams. Fujin was progressing very well on all parameters. However, there was one important aspect that he hadn't focused on yet.

He thought, 'Alright, everything's going well. My chakra level is already on par with the weaker academy teachers. My Ninjutsu and Taijutsu too have probably surpassed genin level. Fuinjutsu is going well, I should be done with the current scroll in another 6 months. In Kenjutsu, basics have been learnt well and chakra flow has become much smoother. I can easily cut through a tree with my sword. Heck, I can cut a boulder too. And I have started with Genjutsu too.

However, I severely lack combat experience. In fact, it won't be wrong to say that I have no combat experience at all. After all, there's no danger to life or even any permanent injury in the Taijutsu tournament. We aren't even allowed to throw shurikens at each other. Another important thing is battle and survival instincts. To be able to make a move purely on instinct in the middle of a fight, or to be able to sense if my life is in danger, is something that is incredibly important for any ninja. Otherwise, just a sneak attack with a shuriken is enough to kill anyone. Luckily, my instincts are much stronger due to me being a sensor, however it ain't enough. So over the next 3 months, I need to spar frequently with my shadow clone.'