CHAPTER-3

KATE

Aurora town , A town so small yet so much big filled with mystery that is to be discovered. It's just like a normal place with normal people but somethings doesn't feel right here. So far we had two missing orphan girls.
Laura Tris and Molly Danner. I got onto to Laura's case first and keeping aside the basic information about the young child , I got in contact with the sister who was responsible for taking her to the Dentist , after visiting the Dentist's she and Harold Heeves the town's local dentist was no where to be seen until the current news reports which says in big bold words on the front page breaking all the news headlines saying that
"HAROLD HEEVES COMMITTED SUICIDE , WHAT COULD BE THE REASON?"

At first I thought this was fake article but it wasn't. He did commit suicide in his very own house by slitting his wrists. This was the man who kidnapped Laura and god knows what had he done with her. Her body is not yet found so we are not sure if she is dead. Similarly in Molly's case I am not sure if Harold was the one who attacked her because Molly used to live in the orphanage which was the other end of the town whereas Laura's orphanage was at the opposite end.

Then again the town was small so the possibility of him kidnapping both wouldn't be that hard for him but another thing that came into reports that Harold commited suicide two days  before Molly went missing. Now him kidnapping her was totally out of question.

Working on this case would be frustrating because there is no body that we could examine and get some information , no particular leads left. So relevantly committed suicide which was suspicious enough. According to my theory I don't think he committed suicide , it was probably a murder which was framed as suicide. 

Nothing was making sense right now and two girls are out there. If they're alive which I hope they are , waiting for someone to come save them. This would take way more longer than I expected.

I met Trevor finally after he went around nearby places asking people questions and hopefully gaining some information while I took all the intel from the orphanage.
"So what have you found?" I asked him sternly.

"I don't know what's up with this town , it's totally absurd they all keep praising that Harold bastard."

"Woah woah language."

"I know... It's just that it makes my blood boil thinking about the condition of the two girls. He knew the police would come onto him that's why he committed suicide. Coward!"

"Wait yes!! Exactly that is somewhat exactly what could've happened and to save his so called reputation he thought ending his life would make him a hero."

"That explains his part but what about Molly Danner?"

"That is yet to be discovered and I think tomorrow we should go to the other end of the town maybe we would get somewhere close to what might actually be."

"You talk in a puzzle it makes me feel like I'm solving a maze which in my opinion would be much easier than finding out about a kidnapping spree." He groaned and I nodded my head.

"We have no option Trev. We need to save those girls." We walked away from the cafe where we met and then went to the hotel where we were staying.
"So are we supposed to discuss more on the reports and information?" I asked and Trevor sighed.

"We have no leads or any strong information which could help us. Tomorrow when we go at the north side of Aurora Probably it will help us much more."

"Agreed but what are we going to do now?"

"I don't know about you but I'm going to take a nap." I rolled my eyes at him
"Hey! Don't do that , you didn't drive all the way till here now did you?" He threw himself on the bed and hugged the pillow. Such a child but it was cute. I just smiled and went to the balcony.

The fresh air was warming and nice and the sea side looked amazing. The trees swaying in sync along the wind and the cool breeze scented amazing. For a moment I felt relaxed and then the bell rang. Trevor woke up instantly.

We weren't expecting anyone , both of us became cautious. Trevor went and looked through the key hole. He moved back and whispered to me. He said that it was black which meant someone kept their hand on the key hole. We both had a tight grip on our gun and Trevor opened the door.

"SUPRISE!"

"What the- ROSE!" Trevor shouted in suprise and I was shocked too.

"Yes brother dear , it's none other than me the great Rose." She motioned at herself and it made me laugh.

"What are you even doing here?" Trevor asked in annoyance.

"Come on I'm a journalist and I would die to cover this whole orphan story you're working on."

"This isn't your place to be. You will go  back home tomorrow. Do you understand?" Rose frowned at Trevor's response. He is always the over protective kind and I knew he was doing it for Rose's safety.

"Trev she is big enough to take care of herself." I jumped in their conversation. Rose started smiling again.

"No Kate she's going back."

"I would agree  to soon to be my sister in law more than you" which made Trevor blush a little. We didn't exactly plan on getting married but it's been three years and Trevor hasn't asked me the big question yet.

"I don't care Trevor she's staying."

"But kate-"

"Nope I am not listening to you blah blah." Rose laughed at that and we both started singing random songs to annoy Trevor more which worked.

"Fine.. I'm going back to sleep don't disturb me anymore or I will send you both back." We both smiled in excitement and gave eachother a snarky look.

"You know what that means?" I looked at Rose with a devilish grin and she understood the assignment.