CHAPTER-13

DEBBIE

"Are you okay?" A soft voice came from behind and I turned.

"Why do you always find me in some or the other mess." He chuckled and it kind of made my stomach turn , he was the only person in the entire school who was nice to me but he was best friend of none other than Keith Mendoza jeez this guy is literally everywhere.

"Don't mind him , he says stuff like that when he's angry and he will probably forget about it as soon as his mood lightens up. I apologise from his side." He smiled and I couldn't help but notice how attractive he was. Steven Clifford , famously known as Steve by the entire school is a football player and son of the priest of this entire town. He was the most handsome boy I've seen in this entire school and he even has a great personality but I know I will never get a chance with him , I have alot of girls in my competition and I choose not to compete in something I'll definitely fail in and besides love is not made for me to be more clear I do not deserve it.

"Oh no no don't, he's a jerk you don't have to apologise for him." I said smiling back. Is he like this with everyone?

"You know when you smile .. it reminds me of someone." He looked a bit serious and sad and I gave him a confused look but I think he mistook it because he said "oh don't worry it's a compliment from my side." It still made me wonder who was he talking about.. maybe his girlfriend? Or his mother? I was curious to know more but the bell rang and he just waved a goodbye to me and ran away. I had to rush to my class too. Being all dreadful I walked to my class again ready to see all those annoying faces.

Finally the long day at school ended and I was all ready to do the community work , old man Gerome told me to sweep and mop the entire auditorium. Of course the rich brat didn't show up for the work as expected but I was thankful because k wanted to be in peace so I didn't complain.

I put on my headphones played some good music and started sweeping the stage. Slowly slowly I got driven by the music and started to sway to the tunes a little and that little sway turned into a full fledged dance but I was doing my work side by side too.
I was starting to enjoy this when I got cut off in the middle by the sounds of hands clapping. I removed my headphones and looked up to see the tall weirdo. I was too startled by this and embarrassed too, no one had ever seen me dance before.

"What a performance you put up Debbie. " He said with an evil smile plastered all over his face. "I didn't know your hips could move that way too , damn you're wild." That is highly offensive but I was tired to put up a fight with him again.

"Do you want your right eye to be bruised too? "

"Oh my so feisty I like it. About that you might want to rethink your decision."

"Listen Jerk I am not scared of any of your threats , you wanna work go ahead and if you don't want to then get lost."

"You're going to do all the work from now on including my work."

"The hell I would."

"You know I like it better when you stay quiet. Anyways I've recorded the little performance of yours and oooh I'd be dammed to know the reaction of the entire school regarding our little shining star."  Oh no what did I get myself into , I'm so ashamed right now why did I even do that.

" You are going to delete that video right now!" I shouted at him.

"And why exactly would I do that?"

"Because..."

"Exactly. So my new project I've got plenty of things planned for you." Out of all people I'm blackmailed by this guy?? He's such a creep and so freaking evil , I don't want to give away my freedom to him he's a total jerk , god knows what all he would do to me.

"Don't even think about coming near to me or touching me."

"You think so low of me dear Debbie , that's not what I planned besides I've got standards too. Ew imagine sleeping with an orphan ugh. Right as I was saying to begin our work you are going to do the entire community service alone. My pride wouldn't allow myself to do this kind of pity work I wasn't built for it but you , you are perfect for this job it even suits you." He patted on my head and I pushed his hand away immediately. I didn't have a problem with doing the entire work I was used to all of this but I don't like the way he said all that.

"I am not going to do it." I said turning away.

"Think about how cute comments you will get when I post it on my social media. Imagine not just our school but the entire town will get to know, isn't that so wholesome of me to do."
I bit my lip even harder thinking about it and my aunt would throw me out on the streets if anything comes onto her reputation.

"Alright fine , I will do it now please get out of my sight."

"That's better and yeah another thing you are not allowed to say harsh or mean things to me anymore."

"You jerk!"

"Hmm? Did you say something?"

I sighed and looked away from him I was feeling so helpless right now.

"Nothing." He smiled and I glared at him real hard to which he smiled in response.

"What? You mess with the devil , you get the flames baby." He winked at me and walked away again. I was so irritated by this. He keeps doing this to me again and again.
I shouted back at him

"DON'T EVER CALL ME BABY AGAIN!"

He just waved and left. I couldn't tolerate this mockery any longer. I'll come up with a plan to stop all of this but what do I do? I have no alliance, I have no friends who can help me . I literally have no one left.

Where did the old days go? My parents... Molly... Everyone... It feels like it was just yesterday I was with them and then I got separated. Even when I was taken to my aunt's home I didn't even want to go , I was happy at the orphanage with Molly and at their house I was just living like I was a burden to them. I begged them many times to get Molly here too but they always refused. I couldn't even contact her because she was at the other end of the town.