CHAPTER- 21

JOHN'S POV:-

All I could do in this boring party was to admire the beautiful lady from a safe distance. I could actually say she looked breathtakingly  pretty in that long silk red dress that falls right down her knees and that  black heels that goes perfectly along with her dress. Random men and photographers were gawking at her and it made me feel a little uneasy I didn't like it at all but I couldn't do much , she wasn't mine to begin with. I would've pulled so many strings just to get this girl but I can't. She is my bestfriend's sister and it is an unsaid rule that we are not supposed to date in eachothers families. I know I can easily pull any girl I want but I don't want just about any girl... I want her. In the longest time I felt so passionate about someone, specially considering my last relationship. That didn't end well as I thought it would.  You know that teenage love where you think that we would end up marrying each other but instead get betrayed by your lover and yes there you have it all the sparks gone and now all you have is a partner that cheated on you and expects you to forgive them.

The amount of trust issues I have at this point is serious. That was my last relationship and I didn't believe in dating anyone anymore. It takes so much time into building a bond and it takes just seconds for it to shatter into millions of pieces, I am not ashamed to admit that I was a lover boy at a time who believed in fairytale romance although nobody ever asked me about my relationship status neither did I have any sort of interest about telling it to other people. People may think I look perfect and very handsome , I am not some sort of  a narcissist these are just few remarks I get often. I have always been really busy in my work and was always really dedicated to what I was doing and maybe that was the reason she cheated on me. I don't blame her much but then again when you deeply love someone you don't blame them for anything even if they stab you with a dagger you would still be fine with it. 

My friend from work kept telling me to let go of her and she is not suitable for me but I didn't listen to them. Lesson learnt I guess. It's been a while since someone caught my eye. 

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't notice what was happening around me and now I see the pretty lady bleeding. My thoughts was really hazy and my impulses were acting hard and At that point I had totally lost my mind.  I picked her up and rushed to the next empty room I could see , my luck couldn't get any worse and so I got a washroom. Just great. I placed her down on the counter and treated her wounds even though she kept acting like a baby.  

To hell goes the whole world. She's the one who is hurt but why is it that my soul burns?  I felt it , I felt that pain in my chest, I felt utterly useless that I couldn't even protect her. I felt disappointed at myself. 

" It's not your fault....do you really care about  me?" Okay that is a really unexpected question from her side , why did she ask me this out of the blue? I was surprised but that actually made me think that do I really care about her? I replied with a simple "yes"

"dramatic queen" yes I am very stupid and very dramatic but I just couldn't see her hurt , my eyes couldn't bear to see her bleed. I have seen countless bodies and countless injuries but this is something that would drive me to kill the whole world if required , call me dramatic but I don't care. All I care about is this little girl who is infront of me, who I have seen grown up to become such a wonderful smart and absolutely a beautiful lady. I just can't tell her just how much I want her , just how much her presence means to me and just how she brightens my day. I can't tell her how much I love her because that's not my place to be and I will have to live with this pain of not having her. All I could do was to just smile a little and move away but then something unexpected happened.

She pulled me back. She kissed me? SHE KISSED ME??? WAIT WHAT? What is going on? I am standing in middle of a washroom near the counter next to the woman I want who is kissing me at the moment. Am I Hallucinating or the world is just playing tricks at me?  No this is actually happening!! I couldn't hold back myself anymore and I kissed her back. With each second I was losing more and more control. My chest pounded like crazy and the deeper my heart sank , the more I lost myself.  

This tension that has been going on that started to feel unreal to me, all this while everything that has been happening would lead up to this. I could never even imagine this in my dreams or all the possible scenarios that could have ever happened I even started to believe that she hates me. I never thought she would kiss me. We both are totally screwed and she knows it. I have no idea how to talk to her or approach her after this. What would Trevor even think? Is he going to kill me? all these thoughts started crowding my brain but I let go of them because the moment I always wanted was here and I am going to cherish every bit of it. 

While my absolute perfect moment was going on, we heard a gunshot. Both got startled at the unpleasant sound. Great.. back to work again.