CHAPTER-20

ROSE

The party was going pretty great and I could literally meet all the famous rich people of the town , I get to interview them , well not really an interview but just a few questions here and there. I know I can pull out some juicy gossip , here is my journalism kicking in what way even I don't know.

I was accompanied by John and I must say he did dress up good. Not that I care but since the time he's got back into our lives it's just very different. The fighting part is still there but I've always thought of him as my brother's bestfriend and nothing else and now that he's back it just something keeps driving me back to him , it might be fate that keeps bringing us together but I'm not being delusional here. I'm starting to feel like a highschool girl who got crush on the football team captain. Yep it's that bad.

"Do we really have to do this Heller. It's so boring , I wanna go back to solving mysteries."

"No we can't , I have to do this for my job and besides there are plenty of things to distract you from your boredom."

"Like what? Looking at you approaching random businessmen is fun? And just look around it's more like a party of wealthy teenagers." He was right , there were so many kids and by so many I'm not exaggerating literally more than thousands. I think it's Mendoza's son who just wants to showoff but really that's not what I'm here for. I have to take the best pictures and capture best scenes in here.

"I am your distraction now ?" I said while clicking more photos of the grand event.

"You're the reason I'm here in the first place so answer that question on your own." I looked at him confused for a second , it's not like I dragged him or forced him to come here. What is he on about.

"You could've politely declined my invite you know."

"No stupid. I'm the only one who's here with you currently and If anything would happen to you in this dark shady town Trevor would kill me." He did have a point though but for a second I thought he cared about me.

"You don't have to look after me."

"But I can look at you."

"What?" Did my mind just play tricks or did he actually just say that.

"I meant acquaint you here." He cleared his throat and looked away , I think I misheard him. God this guy keeps driving me crazy.

I continued taking some more pictures and a waiter was passing by , the moment he crossed me, he tripped on something which I assume was a cable and broke entire set of glasses filled with wine on his tray. One of the pieces went and hit my upper arm and Atlas got up from his seat instantly. It all happened in the blink of an eye. The cut was really deep and there came out the red fluid along with the stinging pain. Before I could do anything, Atlas picked me and rushed towards the washroom. Am I really imagining things tonight? Seriously this is a whole new level of delusion , I need mental therapy.

"GET ME A FIRST AID BOX!" he screamed in the thin air and the waiter freaked out from the entire situation he knew he would be fired. He rushed to get the box and meanwhile Atlas put me down on the counter near the sink.

"It's not a big deal-"

"Do you have any idea how deep that cut is ? If I don't clean and treat that wound you will catch god knows what disease." Talk about being dramatic.

"I know you're doing it because of my brother you really don't have to-"

"Just shut up. I'm a doctor and you are not." Yeah of dead bodies and how many times will he keep cutting me off in middle of my sentences , it's so annoying.

"Seriously Atlas just rela-" he placed his finger on my lip. I preferred him cutting off my sentences because WHAT THE HECK IS THIS.

The waiter came back with a towel and the first aid kit. John grabbed him by his collar.
"YOU! You better not be there when I'm coming out or I'll do things to you that will haunt you for the rest of your life." Woah woah he's being really impulsive , it's just a small cut why is he acting bizzare. I could see the afraid look on the waiter's face and as soon as Atlas left his collar , he ran away and then the very great doctor genius turned his attention towards me.

He took out a bottle of rubbing alcohol and poured some on the cotton pad.
"Oh no no mister that thing hurts like a bitch."

"You're such a kid , do one thing look straight at me and do not divert your attention." How would that help ? It will still burn my skin but right now I couldn't really argue with him and I did exactly what he said.

Small screams did come out here and there and I held one of his arm really tight and that was the end result, now I had to walk around the party with an ugly bandage on my upper arm.

After he was done cleaning the wounds, I finally let go of the tight grip I had on him and he placed his hands on the counter , at that moment he was really close to me and he looked all worked up. I also noticed he rolled his sleeves up which made him look even more attractive than ever.

He huffed and finally spoke
"I'm sorry I couldn't even take care of this and now I really doubt how can I take care of you."

"It's not your fault... Do you really care about me?" Something got into me and I finally bursted the bubble in the air by asking this small stupid question.

"Yes." He looked straight at me and something started pounding hard in my chest.

"What a dramatic queen." I really didn't know what to say at that moment and I know I ruined it but I just don't know I guess I'm not used to all of this.

He just smiled and started to turn away and that something or more like that urge came back inside me and I pulled him back and kissed him. This is wrong , it is soooo wrong but I couldn't stop myself and he was startled for a moment and then he pulled me even more closer to him by my waist and kissed me back? WAIT HE KISSED ME BACK ? he likes me? My heartbeat was going really fast and my skin started flaring up. Something was really happening to me but it felt good...it felt warm.