CHAPTER-14

DEBBIE

I finished my work and rushed home to finally breathe some air for once. I entered my home and there were two people sitting in the living room. One was a lady wearing sun glasses and the other one was a man. Are they a couple? And how do we even know them?

"Ah Debbie here you are my sweet child." Aunt Sophia said in a polite tone. Huh this is abnormal, normally she would shout at me. I gave her a very confused look. "This is Officer Kate and Officer Trevor , they are here to meet you , be nice to them and answer their questions." Ohhh that explains alot. What are cops doing at our house. I was yet to find out , I gave them polite smile and was about to sit down on the couch Infront of them.

"Oh it's okay , go and freshen up first and then we'll have a talk okay." Officer Kate told with a warm smile and it reminded me of my mother so much , it ached my heart. After such a long time someone was genuinely being nice to me and I could tell it right away that it wasn't fake. Whenever me and Molly used to come running all the way to our house and sit down at the dining table my mother always shouted at us to wash our hands and change our clothes. I miss her so much , I miss Molly so much.

I nodded at the officer and changed my clothes , I came and sat down again and she started off with a bright smile again , "how was school Debbie?" This seemed very off topic but it felt nice to have someone who cared to listen about my day. I guess she's just being nice because she feels bad for me?

"It was ah" I took a glance at my Aunt and she was trying to hint me not to say something stupid with her eyes.
"It was just average." I was getting nervous, it felt like I murdered someone.

"That sounds good. I-" she got cut off by her partner I think.

"Just get to the point.. this is why I said I would do this." He finally spoke something and she glared back at him. Funny they make a cute couple.

"So Debbie , do you know Molly Danner by any chance?" Her tone became serious.

"Molly?? What happened to her ? Yes I know her she is my cousin." I was starting to panic and she looked at me with an apologetic look , I wasn't ready to hear what she was about to speak next.

"Well you know some unfortunate events occurred and she suddenly disappeared one day."

"WHAT?! NO WHERE IS MY MOLLY?" I got up from the couch in a shock. All I could think of was Molly , where was she ? Was she fine? I hope she's fine..

"Calm down , we want to know that as well and that is why we are here." Officer Trevor spoke in a firm tone.

"Please find Molly please...." I couldn't hold back my tears anymore and it all came bursting out , Aunt Sophia quickly came and motioned me to go inside my room while giving the officers a weird smile.  All of this was my fault, if only I begged my uncle and aunt even more Molly would be safe right now.... All of this is my fault. I couldn't stop my tears from strolling down.

Aunt went outside and the Officers gave me one last glance before going, they said they would visit me again when I would be in my correct senses to answer their question properly. They said they would find her and I hope they do find her.

"Cut the drama they're gone and I think you overreacted a little too much but good enough for them to go from here."

"But I wasn't acting Aunt-"

"Yeah yeah keep that all to yourself, I don't want to listen to your crap. I don't know just do your homework and be in your room." She left immediately not even listening to me for a second, she was always like that to me since I shifted here . She didn't like that I was given to them and they had to take my responsibility but I was used to this.

My Molly... Where are you... Come back. I just sat in the corner of the room and cried the entire time.

I woke up not wanting to go to school , I didn't realise when I fell asleep. My eyes were swollen from all the crying I did last night and my head was still in pain. I couldn't skip school that was a strict rule my Uncle Roger made and I had to follow it no matter what. I got ready and left for school. No one even came to tell me a simple goodbye.

I wasn't able to focus on any of the classes , I didn't even pay attention to all the mean comments students made  to bully me all I could think about was   Molly. I just want to see her again and hug her tight.

"You seem lost." I got out of my thoughts and looked up to see Steve again.

"Huh? Oh no I'm not lost."

"Then why are you staring at the floor  since past fifteen minutes?" He raised one of his eyebrow.

"I was staring for fifteen minutes??"

"Yep I took a count and then I could no longer help to see you so sad and depressed like that. So tell me what happened" if it would be any other normal day my heart would've raced at those words but I didn't feel anything right now.

"It's nothing really. Don't worry about it." I tried to put on a smile.

"You don't trust me enough right? It's okay I'll wait till you trust me and then I'll be there to listen to your problems anytime. By the way I'm still available so if you change your mind do let me know, I'm always here." He smiled and left.  He is always so nice to me and it makes me wonder why.

"What's up with your eye kiddo?" Someone tapped on my head but I recognised that voice.

"What's your problem Keith?"