ix.

STYLE ── nine

"𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡"— good rush, taylor swift

— good rush, taylor swift

The drive from New York to Canada were the worst 8 hours of Juliette's life. She wished she was joking when she said that she was stuck in a car with Carlos Sainz in an 8 hours straight drive in dead silence if it wasn't for the Taylor Swift playlist she put on the radio.

But not even her favorite artist could save her from that one because, 3 hours later, the playlist was over and she didn't feel like bothering Carlos to ask him to play it again, although she did notice him dancing along to the lyrics of Red. For the next hours, she moved to the back seat and pretended to be asleep for 5 hours when she was actually running the flaskbacks from the night prior in her head.

What were they supposed to do now? Juliette would be freaking blind if she didn't notice the obvious tension between them and how they were driven toward each other romantically. And yet, there was nothing they could do now that they were getting back to their respective jobs and being together would mess up everything.

Juliette thought that avoiding Carlos for the entire weekend would make things easier and the tightness in her chest lighter, stopping herself from jumping from a cliff and enjoying the feeling of flying before the bone crush. Still, every time she looked in Carlos' direction it was like crushing her heart all over again, especially for the fact that he'd stare her in his usual way and not do anything about it.

Juliette wondered when she fell asleep that, maybe— just maybe— if Carlos asked her out she'd say yes. And it suddenly occurred to her that this wasn't just a stupid crush. Hell, maybe she liked him.

Her genius plan? Ignoring it until it went away.

It was easy for the first day since Carlos was busy training or simply avoiding her in the same way. She caught short glimpses of him messing with his hair after taking his helmet off or talking to his head engineer outside his garage, but it went as quickly as it came and Carlos would always look away so she wouldn't be uncomfortable.

Juliette would busy herself exploring the city or going out with her friends, but there was no point in pretending that everything was okay when she was obviously nervous over the fact that she'd eventually have to interview Carlos the next day in the cooldown panels.

It felt pretty obvious to everyone that there was something going on when Juliette would hesite in addressing to Carlos and his answers would be shorter than usual. And still, there was this undying chemistry between them that fans wouldn't fail to notice— from Carlos zoning out into Juliette's eyes a couple of times to fingering his bracelet when she'd laugh at something another driver said.