xii.

STYLE — twelve

"𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬"— dress, taylor swift

— dress, taylor swift

It had only occurred to Juliette that she was actually going on a date with Carlos Sainz the morning she woke up in her London apartment and she ran her eyes through her agenda with a red heart drawn next to 4pm. It wasn't a fever dream, this was real. It was finally happening.

And then, it occurred to her that this wasn't the normal date she wished to have with him. There would be cameras and other people watching them talk and blush and flirt while trying not to miss one single detail. And what used to bring her comfort about her previous date now brought anxiety.

Because, unlike going out with Max, she actually wanted to take the next step with Carlos and being recorded in your first date was definitely something she did not wish. Yet, there was nothing she could do since they did agree to those terms about a week ago.

When the black SUV finally parked in their destiny, Juliette couldn't shake the butterflies in her stomach as Carlos answered with a "can't wait to see you, beautiful." to her text warning she just got to their date place. Carlos was the one to pick the place and the brunette couldn't help but be impressed as she got out of the car to step into the top of a cliff with an astonishing view to the sunset.

"Did you like the place?" A strong accented voice made Juliette snap her eyes towards a casual Carlos Sainz walking towards her.

It had been so long since they saw each other off the circuits, she'd forgotten how handsome he looked with normal clothes. That day, he chose a button-up baby blue shirt with a couple of them unbuttoned and simple jeans. She had to admit she did miss his messy hair though, since he had put gel in it for the camera.

"It's absolutely marvelous. How did you know about this?" Juliette let out with an impressed sigh, not hiding the huge smile that occupied half her face.

"I have my tricks." The man shrugged mysteriously, offering her his hand to take her towards the sheet spread open on the grass, with a picnic basket positioned over it and a closed bottle of her favorite wine as well.

"Are you sure you didn't have any help to prepare all this?" She looked around her team, who denied firmly with their heads that Sainz did it all by himself.

"Yes. All on the Smooth Operator here." He bragged with a soft smile. "Ready to start rolling?"

And, suddenly, all of Juliette's nervousness was back as she grew more aware of the crew of four people surrounding them with quite bored eyes watching them, but still watching and, even worse, recording. She wanted to make this the right way— yet she couldn't bring herself to stand five inches closer to Carlos when there were three different cameras positioned to catch them.