xi.

STYLE — eleven

"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞'𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭"— the story of us, taylor swift

— the story of us, taylor swift

The weekend went by too quick and suddenly Juliette found herself having to catch a flight to leave once again. She had a real blast during Ella's birthday with her friends and figured everyone got along just fine— well, except for the obvious tension between her and Carlos.

As much as she pretended she didn't care, she'd stare at him every time he looked away, trying to understand what was going on or how to fix the situation. Sometimes she wanted things to go back to the way they were, but that meant being away from Carlos or not having feelings for him and it didn't seem possible anymore.

Juliette suddenly didn't feel comfortable anymore being in the UK because there was no point in having a house but not a home. Suddenly, Ella was too busy hanging out with Lewis, which Juliette didn't blame her at all, and Daniel and Lando were going through meetings with McLaren.

On the hand, Carlos didn't look as pleased with his recent situation as someone who loved racing more than anything (or so he thought). He'd been edge and nervous ever since that video of Juliette and Max came out, wondering why it wasn't him instead. He wanted to be him.

And the fact that he had a fan zone panel with Charles, Max and Checo that Saturday afternoon did not help at all. Although getting pole position in qualifying earlier did put him in a good mood, Carlos just wanted to go back to his hotel room or the gym to let out his frustrations.

The tension was obvious as they sat in a semicircle with the male interviewer in the middle of the two teams who occupied the four pole positions of the Silverstone Grand Prix. The Spanish driver zoned out for the most of the interview as questions about the qualifying, Max and Ella's almost crash and their expectations for the next day went on for what seemed forever.

Until the interviewer decided to take a dangerous path and allowed the crowd to ask questions for the last part of the panel.

"Max, are you and Juliette Edwards together? Your chemistry was so good in the F1 World video. Good luck in the race as well."

"Uh, first of all, thank you." Max cleared his throat, looking away when Carlos sent a murderous look in his direction. "And, no, me and Juliette are not dating, although the date was real. I'd be honored to take her on a second one if she allowed me, though."