xxi.

STYLE ── twenty-one

"𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠, 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧"— treacherous, taylor swift

— treacherous, taylor swift

In a blink of an eye, a month and half had gone by. Well, not in the blink of an eye, actually, in Juliette's perspective. It was true that it was a very busy month and she was glad because it gave her lots of opportunities to bury herself in work. On the other hand, though, she still remembered it all too well.

Despite all the Grand Prixs, the almost daily hangouts with her friends, the nights up editing videos, it didn't come as naturally as it used to for it to become routine. Because, even so, she still perfectly remembered all the nights up with the fearful thoughts in her mind, the social anxiety of messing up every time she went out and the constant reminders of how much she messed up.

For people like Juliette, being wasn't easy and as much as she tried to put through it, she was still afraid. She felt like an imposter in her own body and a weight to people who'd eventually let down. It came down so hard on her that suddenly it turned hard to work and go out.

What happened with Carlos was only the kickoff to remind her all the things she feared gathered up and even though she knew it would go away eventually, she wasn't that sure anymore. She'd move on from the anxiety, sure, but from him?

Juliette loved to have her friends by her side as went through it, considering that both Ella and Daniel were all aware of what happened, but it was hard for them to understand. Ella dealt with her overachiever anxiety while Danny had his own mental issues due to his own disappointments, and she loved each one of them through it, but they were too different to actually get each other.

The only person that Juliette'd actively discuss her issues with turned out— not so surprisingly— to be Charles. They'd known each other for 5 years and became close friends since the start, forming a bound that'd fit both the good and the bad times. And Juliette didn't notice how much she missed talking to Charles until they eventually found their way back to each other.

It all started with a lost red scarf and another club that Juliette didn't feel like going when Charles returned the scarf back to her and offered to take her wherever she needed to go. Instead of the club, Juliette ordered him to keep driving around with no destiny.

"Are you trying to kidnap me, Ms Edwards?" Charles arched a teasing eyebrow with his hands on the steering wheel even though his eyes weren't move from Juliette's face.